Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Allan Phillips Racing Before and After Dyno

ABP

Reaction score
Well I took my truck back to the dyno today.

I had the before numbers takin on last Monday. At that time my truck had a TRD blower, TRD air intake and Magnaflow muffler. It was running the TRD flash they install with the blower.

The truck made 293.9 rwhp and spun to 129 mph in 4th gear. I have tires that are 2 inches taller than stock.

Last weekend I headed down to Allan Phillips Racing http://www.aprpower.com/
I had the APR cam gears, APR 170 thermostat and APR X-one controller. For the after dyno I ran the pre-installed map. I wanted a run the product out of the box to see what it would do. When I do full exhaust I will go back and fine tune.

With the APR goodies added my truck made 328.4 rwhp and spun to 138.8 mph. My redline was set at 6200 rpm and I had my speed limiter raised.

I really cannot say enough positive stuff about the guys at APR. Their customer is top notch. When I was first interested in their products I sent and Email to them at 8:30pm on a weeknight. To my surprise I had a response back later that night. I then gave them my phone number. Again to my surprise I had a call the very next morning. After talking to David Phillips on the phone and him answering every question I could throw at him I knew I had to try their products. Needless to say I am very happy.

Attachments

• TRD Blower, TRD Intake, TRD Tune.jpg
    TRD Blower, TRD Intake, TRD Tune.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 247
  • TRD Blower, TRD Intake, APR Cam Gears, APR Thermostat and APR X-1 computer.jpg
    TRD Blower, TRD Intake, APR Cam Gears, APR Thermostat and APR X-1 computer.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 250

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
i see alot of the power came out of leaning out the AFR. nice numbers.

Tapp

Reaction score
thats impressive! almost a 40hp gain!!

ABP

Reaction score
cool:rockon:

what was the afr before and after?

The map I ran was for a TRD blower with stock intake so I was running a little lean 12.3/1. I talked to APR today and gave them the dyno data. They now have a map they can ship for the TRD blower with TRD air intake. The tuning looks pretty simple for me to do my self I just wanted some out of the box numbers.

Tq #?........

I dont have the before tq numbers. When I went the first time they did not have the correct clip for a vehicle without spark plug wires. They deal mostly in LS1 s.When I did the first dyno I told the shop I would be back for the after so they ordered the correct plug. The after was 330 rwtq.

i see alot of the power came out of leaning out the AFR. nice numbers.

I am sure leaning it out made power, but I am too lean and when I fatten it up and find the middle ground I should pick up a little more.

Last edited:

5000XD

Reaction score
The map I ran was for a TRD blower with stock intake so I was running a little lean 12.3/1. I talked to APR today and gave them the dyno data. They now have a map they can ship for the TRD blower with TRD air intake.

Aha, at last, now we dont need that reflash from the dealer if im correct :top:

Nice numbers by the way :top:

ABP

Reaction score
I hope this helps people put a little more faith in this product

http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.php?products_id=1260518754&osCsid=03gc27c0m6sr6mnas1m4i8la25

Aha, at last, now we dont need that reflash from the dealer if im correct :top:

Nice numbers by the way :top:

The X-Runner Allan Phillips Racing has is running a TRD blower without the TRD flash. I never thought about doing it that way. It makes more sense it you don't run the TRD flash you can always sell your TRD blower and go back to stock it you sell your truck.

Last edited:

ntinhri

Reaction score
The map I ran was for a TRD blower with stock intake so I was running a little lean 12.3/1. I talked to APR today and gave them the dyno data. They now have a map they can ship for the TRD blower with TRD air intake. The tuning looks pretty simple for me to do my self I just wanted some out of the box numbers.

I dont have the before tq numbers. When I went the first time they did not have the correct clip for a vehicle without spark plug wires. They deal mostly in LS1 s.When I did the first dyno I told the shop I would be back for the after so they ordered the correct plug. The after was 330 rwtq.

I am sure leaning it out made power, but I am too lean and when I fatten it up and find the middle ground I should pick up a little more.

alot on my lean issue was fix with the URD fuel upgrade kit!! u may chek it our!!

Gadget

Reaction score
That is a nice dyno chart.

What kind of dyno was that done on?

I will bet it is a loading dyno of some kind.

Gadget

WCD

Reaction score
Now picture the APR kit AND the red pulley....
Great numbers. :top:

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score
Great info!!

Is this unit beneficial for us N/A guys also??

I wanna get as much outta my X N/A'd as possible...:top::rockon:

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
Nice increase man!! URD would be the vendor...great MORE money them boys will get from me! :laugh:

ABP

Reaction score
lol, thats what I was thinking:laugh:

it doesnt have a grid to line anything up and the afr section at the bottom is making me cross-eyed

Well my copy has a grid but my scanner is pretty old. If Gadget would like a digital file of the run he can PM me and I will be happy to send it. I didn't dyno my truck before and after for anyone but me. I bought the product and even paid more for it than Gadget now sells it for. After people showed so much interest in wanting results I offered to post mine when I got them. If the results would have been bad I still would have posted them. I was just trying to help some fellow members out.:top:

x-stealth

Reaction score
well thansk for going out of your way for others. This makes this kit look very nice. And worth the money.

speedway07

Reaction score
About F ing time we saw a dyno run :biggrin:THANK YOU:biggrin:. I have been checking XR and CT for sometime now

Top Bottom