Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Just bought a set of Night Vision X-panels/ need suggestions

kcidmil

Reaction score
I've been wanting X-panels since I first saw them (when they were still Xtreme Kreations). It's a perfect match for me since I do end up having to haul the kids around at times. I almost couldn't get them, then got lucky when a check showed up today from trading in my Tundra.

I should have them sometime next week if not the following. I'm not too worried as it will be a bit before I can get them installed. Currently my XR is sitting on jack stands. I'll be replacing the clutch and flywheel tomorrow. So that ate up a lot of my splurge funds.

But here's what I'm thinking for goodies to stuff into them.

Memphis Car Audio - Memphis Reference 10" D4
images

Powered by a Memphis Reference MR1.500 (500x1 @ 1ohm)
images

I haven't decided what to use for the 6.5" spot. I'm a big memphis fan, but their highs can seem lacking because the mid tends to power over it. And I'll need something to be able to project beyond the 10"s right below. I've had good luck with Clarion in the past, but want to see what's out there as well. I haven't done any stereo work in almost 5 years and lost touch with what all new has come and gone.

Btw I'm looking for speakers that use silk domes on their highs. After years of doing installs when I was younger, the tinging from the aluminum is really... REALLY annoying to me. And even year later I can still hear it. (ssssssshhhh, wife thinks I'm deaf)

Suggestions?

Red_Hott

Reaction score
I personalty hate Memphis.....I say go with an Alpine type s 10 since they don't require a lot of space and have damn good sound to them and are priced very reasonably with an Alpine type r 6.5 to match.....I'm running all Alpine type r door speakers including the tweeters and 2 Alpine type r 12's and it sounds amazing

justin13703

Reaction score
I agree alpines type r speakers sound amazing, I've installed a couple sets at work and I was surprised at how good they sound. The type r subs are tanks, I've seen em take double the rated wattage for months and not even complain about it.

Probably the best sounding speakers I've ever heard though, (too bad they're not made anymore) are the Polk audio MOMO series components. Carbon fiber cones and the clearest silk dome tweeters I've ever heard. I agree the metal dome tweeters sound like crap, especially at high volumes.

jboy671

Reaction score
Rainbow is not less known to the internet scene. They are great speakers.

I have tried alot of mainstream and internet based speaker companies (components and subs) and I have my preferences. I usually like to try all kinds of items before deciding on my preference. Keeping an open mind helps too :)

I always say "it's your money". So what you decide on is going to be the best decision for you.

Congrats on going with a great product.

kcidmil

Reaction score
I've been wanting to go from the beaten path for awhile. I could never stand some of the brands.

I used to have 4 Memphis M-Class 12"s in a custom vented box in my Frontier. I loved them to death, and it was tuned so nicely I could play just about anything without any distortion. And the wife's Xterra has 2 M-Class 10"s

I'm just hoping that their Memphis Reference line works as well as their M-Class does.

kcidmil

Reaction score
The RMS is 50, I'm looking to see how well the H/U handles them at first. If not I'll pick up a amp to power them.

justin13703

Reaction score
Since theyre components, Id do an amp. Your headunit probably puts out around 13w rms. Theyll still sound good im sure, but if youve got the extra cash, an amp will help. To get an amp to run at 50w rms shouldnt be too expensive.

hiflyer

Reaction score
nice - i'm thinking of getting a set as well

need the space in the backseat as it is a work truck after all....

but maybe one day

i'm a bit picky with sound - need to find something that matches my klipsch's

kcidmil

Reaction score
Yeah my hu puts out 22rms. I've been thinking to get the 5 channel Memphis reference amp. I'd love to do 1 ohm wiring on the subs, but that might be a little over kill considering it is door mount with .5 cu ft space.

The MR5.750 should be plenty for everything. 80@4ohms x4 and 350@2ohms for the sub

justin13703

Reaction score
Yeah my hu puts out 22rms. I've been thinking to get the 5 channel Memphis reference amp. I'd love to do 1 ohm wiring on the subs, but that might be a little over kill considering it is door mount with .5 cu ft space.

The MR5.750 should be plenty for everything. 80@4ohms x4 and 350@2ohms for the sub
Yeah that sounds like a good match for that setup. Should sound pretty good.

Top Bottom