Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NEW to XRU from Tacoma World

jarhead0313

Reaction score
So I am new to xru but have been on tacoma world for a few months. As soon as I joined tacoma world I started to get the mod bug...as time progressed I have been leaning to performance mods. I love my truck! I have always been a chevy guy before I purchased my first toyota in july. Since then I have put a trd blower on, DTLT headers, URD tcai, URD smaller SC pulley, URD fuel pump upgrade, URD Y-pipe, TRD catback , fpr mod, plx boost and afr gauges,and just had a bad experience with unishit(unichip). I am constantly grilling Torspd over on Tacoma world and he has helped me out a ton. He is always putting up hyperlinks to post over here so I thought I would save him some time and Join here on xru.
I have had a couple dyno's and looks like I am stuck at 313 rwhp and 322 torque. I am looking for suggestions to increase those #'s safely without new rods,pistons ext. Thanks

Toon714

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Ur making the same.numbers as most trd s/c.
U might be able to get it up to 340-350hp with a real tuner like the ucon, aem or proefi.
I think the highest trd sc dyno sheet I saw was 340-350.

dramad1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Nice mod list. I didn't see a y pipe in there, may help w/ a few more hp. The ucon as well. Maybe a snakebite kit. Just a few ideas.
Welcome to xru!!

Edit. Oops just seen you have the y pipe.

autobodyX

Reaction score
The auto trans is holding you back some. Call up the G-man and see about one of his map-ecu3 controlers.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
sounds like you're gonna want urd's new 2.55" pulley......:biggrin:

you could also upgrade your exhaust to a 3" catback and reduce some more back pressure

jarhead0313

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Nice mod list. I didn't see a y pipe in there, may help w/ a few more hp. The ucon as well. Maybe a snakebite kit. Just a few ideas.
Welcome to xru!!

Edit. Oops just seen you have the y pipe.
Snakebit kit?

sounds like you're gonna want urd's new 2.55" pulley......:biggrin:

you could also upgrade your exhaust to a 3" catback and reduce some more back pressure
I thoght about doing that, I always wanted an extra half inch... you think it would make much difference?

The auto trans is holding you back some. Call up the G-man and see about one of his map-ecu3 controlers.
If I was going to do that shouldn't I just go the route of the ucon, since either one is not plug and play for my 2012?

Last edited:

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Snakebit kit?

I thoght about doing that, I always wanted an extra half inch... you think it would make much difference?

i think you'd be seeing roughly 2-2.5 more psi than the 2.825 pulley and 20-30 more hp but knowone really knows until gadget tests it out

jarhead0313

Reaction score
i think you'd be seeing roughly 2-2.5 more psi than the 2.825 pulley and 20-30 more hp but knowone really knows until gadget tests it out
I was acually refering to the URD catback witch i believe is 3" where as the trd is 2.5". As far as the pulley goes I posted up on his thread that I would volenteer to have it put on my truck.

Welcome to the forum.
Ur making the same.numbers as most trd s/c.
U might be able to get it up to 340-350hp with a real tuner like the ucon, aem or proefi.
I think the highest trd sc dyno sheet I saw was 340-350.
340 rwhp is my goal, Torspd thinks that I am not seeing highter #'s because I have an auto and the new exhaust recirc system on 12's. I wich the plug and play was out for the 09+

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
340 rwhp is my goal, Torspd thinks that I am not seeing highter #'s because I have an auto and the new exhaust recirc system on 12's. I wich the plug and play was out for the 09+

The air injection system you speak of only runs for approx 45 seconds during cold startup. It doesnt recirc the gas like EGR does (which would only run during VERY light load condtions, i.e cruising), if you had it. Autotrans can sap some power, but what you are making isnt bad for untuned.

Your numbers are respectable. I made 320/330 on shitty Cali gas with similar mods to you. Depending on what your AFR's are like, you could throw on a 2.7 pulley and gain few more ponies, but you wont be able to truly take advantage of it with out tuning for it.:top:

jarhead0313

Reaction score
The air injection system you speak of only runs for approx 45 seconds during cold startup. It doesnt recirc the gas like EGR does (which would only run during VERY light load condtions, i.e cruising), if you had it. Autotrans can sap some power, but what you are making isnt bad for untuned.

Your numbers are respectable. I made 320/330 on shitty Cali gas with similar mods to you. Depending on what your AFR's are like, you could throw on a 2.7 pulley and gain few more ponies, but you wont be able to truly take advantage of it with out tuning for it.:top:
Thanks for the input. Guess I will just have to be patient and wait for the ucon and maybe the new pulley Gaget is working on.
What is the snakebite kit?

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
I was acually refering to the URD catback witch i believe is 3" where as the trd is 2.5". As far as the pulley goes I posted up on his thread that I would volenteer to have it put on my truck.

ahh sorry ya upgrading your catback to 3" probably wouldn't do a whole lot but you can always sell your trd catback and end up making it a pretty cheap upgrade. idk what kind of results to expect changing your catback cause i put my 3" catback on before the blower. but i bet you would get some very nice results if you got your truck tuned! i know i'm definitely running rich on my reflash

Toon714

Reaction score

Ya. Im an 2010. And I had to cut into my factory harness to.install my proefi.
Only way to get a good tuner. Im not gonna wait another y3 yrs till the pnp harness comes out. Lol

madtrucker

Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground. Something tells me you'll fit right in.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Guess I will just have to be patient and wait for the ucon and maybe the new pulley Gaget is working on.
What is the snakebite kit?

Snakebite, is a term coined by groupe called Stiegmeier. The re-gear/port the supercharger, and make it pump loads more air. Only one has been done, and it worked too good. He saw 16psi then experienced catastrophic ring land failure.:thumbdown:

Need a built motor to handle that

jarhead0313

Reaction score
Snakebite, is a term coined by groupe called Stiegmeier. The re-gear/port the supercharger, and make it pump loads more air. Only one has been done, and it worked too good. He saw 16psi then experienced catastrophic ring land failure.:thumbdown:

Need a built motor to handle that

Ya I think I will stay away from the snakebite...just like its name...dangerous!

Welcome to the Underground. Something tells me you'll fit right in.

Thanks! I hope some day to contribute more than I receive in knowledge. Just new to all this but it is like crack the more u do the more u want!

Ya. Im an 2010. And I had to cut into my factory harness to.install my proefi.
Only way to get a good tuner. Im not gonna wait another y3 yrs till the pnp harness comes out. Lol

Ya I don't have the patience to wait much longer. I am sure if the plug and play is not here in the next couple months I will be hacking away at those ecu wires to put in a ucon.

Last edited:

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Hello jarhead!

I'm one of your subscribers on tacoma world haha
Interesting to know that your goal is 340 WHP, it's about the same I wanna reach as well,
Suppose il be following you as we'll on here too! :top:

Welcome to XRU!!

jarhead0313

Reaction score
Hello jarhead!

I'm one of your subscribers on tacoma world haha
Interesting to know that your goal is 340 WHP, it's about the same I wanna reach as well,
Suppose il be following you as we'll on here too! :top:

Welcome to XRU!!

Hey time to pick up so stuff from URD...u should get the sc pulley and fuel pump upgrade...15% 0ff...

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
I've got a bunch of upgrades already from URD (headers, y-pipe, pulley & pump) before this sale even started lol

Hopefully I can get everything installed soon !!

Top Bottom