Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

need help with axxess interface

uglyryder

Reaction score
so i bought the axxess interface for the steering wheel controls and the wiring diagram they have on the site doesnt seem to be right... or im just doing it wrong, which i havent ruled out yet.

heres a link to the directions maybe someone here can help me out..

http://axxessinterface.com/steering_wheel_control_new.aspx

the directions say the ground is a white/red and to tap into the violet/white and yellow/black wires.. but all three of those wires go to a harness that doesnt get used, so i dont have a clue. also the picture they show of the harness im supposed to tap into looks nothing like any of the three factory ones. any help would be appreciated.

thanks

memario1214

Reaction score
Take some pictures for me man. I just installed one of these into my sister's 08 with JBL and steering wheel controls. Take a picture of the interface and it's connections, the stock harness, and the back of your headunit.

uglyryder

Reaction score
im using the green/black, orange/green, black, red wires

9665b0be.jpg

b53d191a.jpg

c0f290ca.jpg

cb727865.jpg

aa019667.jpg

52a4c879.jpg

Moneyblind

Reaction score
Sometimes it is just easier to fork up some moolah for the harness if they make it :p Ill review what you have done though to see if i can spot anything (Never worked with this though)

EDIT:

First, after re-reading your post, even if the harness is not being used, it can still be tapped into for GROUND; Because normally, all the grounds are interconnected somewhere (aka body, which is thus shot back into the battery)

It really is hard to tell anything else with your setup; Try making the connections to the extra harness (ONLY GROUND) and report back in; If it requests more to be made; Then you are going to have to find a schematic for the harness you are using, and figure out what wires are what, and make the connections appropriately.

Last edited:

uglyryder

Reaction score
i messed with it some more and now its getting power and seems to locate the headunit but the controls still dont work. i guess ill call tech support tomorrow and see what they say.

Minnesota X

Reaction score
I had the similar issues. From what I can remember, I just kept switching the wires until it worked.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Maybe this would help: :dontknow:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sas1jTJ-gw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sas1jTJ-gw[/ame]

Good luck! :top:

roy365

Reaction score
I pretty much said screw this POS when I was doing mine. The picture and onfo from their website is nothing like they say it should be. I didn't feel like playing elimination games with the bajillion wires back there so I never hooked mine up.

Top Bottom