Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

best deal for tires..anyone tried sunny tires?

Pecoy

Reaction score
hey guys..im looking to buy some new rubber..right now im short on money due to job layoff and piles of bills..

so i was searching online for just a good price on tires 255 45 18

and i found some good prices at onlinetires.com i searched by size (255 45 18) and i found a sunny tire for about $80 each and a federal tire for about $85 each i could save the shipping cost by picking the order up since their warehouse is close by..

has anyone on here tried or heard of sunny tires before? how about federal tires?

BlackCat

Reaction score
They're both Taiwanese brands. I don't know much beyond that, though...

What's your budget for tires ?

If you're able to up your ante some, you can get into some decent, reputable brand name tires.

Otherwise, another option is to look into used tires.

Pecoy

Reaction score
well right now i am rolling on 1 new potenza (extra tire that came with the x) and 2 used original potenza that need to be replaced asap (have gotten about 55,000 miles out of them)...and 1 used nexen tire that i just got mounted on the past week because i got a flat tire on my way to work...

so right now i can pretty much get away with buying two tires in order to replace the two worn out potenzas..

any body know some good black friday deals going on for tires?

if im gonna replace all 4 tires i guess my budget would be tops 110 per tire..

but if i only replace the 2 potenzas then maybe the budget is higher..

any recomendations?

Amarillo X

Reaction score
I got 4 new 18" tires on new chrome 5 spokes for sale - $600 if that helps!

xrspeedway

Reaction score
my opinion is stay away from sunny those tires r cheap they make it hard to balance a wheel they give u a shitty ride the rubber qualitty is cheap if i where u id get the federals better

rich017

Reaction score
my opinion is stay away from sunny those tires r cheap they make it hard to balance a wheel they give u a shitty ride the rubber qualitty is cheap if i where u id get the federals better

Stay away from cheap tires. Road Force match that sunny tire and you will see that it is a crap tire.

You should also get 4 new tires. Not good to be driving a truck with 3 different tread patters and half of them bald. Not a smart decision.

sirspiroc

Reaction score
spend money on good tires tires its worth it. cheap tires will cost you more in the long run.

DustyXRunner

Reaction score
i work at a tire store. nicer tires= better traction for longer time+ better ride quality+longer life. i would go with the nicest tire you can afford. its well worth the few extra bucks. as far as sunny and federal tires go, federal is a step up from the sunny but still not that great, i sell the federal as a entry level tire, it will do the job but wont ride very good. the sunny tires are bottom the barrel, but at the same time 4 new tires are far better than what your running now. lol

T-stark

Reaction score
i run them there really good imo not real good in wet weather tho so watch out

blazinx

Reaction score
i run the sunny tires they arnt that bad no where close to the potnzas but for the price and if your on a budget then they are ok... i have had them for well over 10k ad they are still holding up

tCTaco

Reaction score
I ran sunny tires on my Scion and was gonna buy some for my X but got a deal from a friend from discount tire on some general exclaims that I couldn't pass up. If you do get the sunny tires, be sure to take them to discount tire or some place that will allow you to buy a warranty. Incase they blow out, they will replace it with something similar in price.

rav-o-nation

Reaction score
im running hurcules wraptis wr1 i got a set of these for 450 mounted and balenced but anywhere else might cost a little more because i get a discount ( friends owns tire shop)

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
Hey man, you are not racing the thing. If your budget only allows it go for it or spend the extra dimes and get a higher grade tire. It beats kicking rocks...:top:
Look, I have the nitto 555's and i still don't know how they are going to react. I think there is only 1 model Sunny makes in our size and the tread pattern looks good for winter.
If you buy them and like them it don't matter what we say...we aren't the ones buying them or driving them.

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
Here is the Sunny...

4310.jpg

Pecoy

Reaction score
thanks guys for all the replies..i am definitely going to wait to buy a set of 4 tires..i live in long beach cali..and there is alot of small shops in about a 2 mile stretch of railroad shops and industrial area over here so im just gonna pop out the phone book and call and call and see if i can find a good deal on some decent tires... im also gonna be looking around like crazy online trying to find a black friday deal if i can..

if anyone finds something i would appreciate the heads up! thanks for the reply guys and happy thanksgiving to all!

STONER-X

Reaction score
if you drive your truck like a performance truck then get performance tires... if you just putt around then a set of cheepys may not be a bad choice get what you want BUT get tires that will suit your driving habits don't expect those sunnys to last long if you hot rod a lot... but 85 a tire is a hard deal to pass up if you compare the 200 a tire i spent haha

Pecoy

Reaction score
well yeah im not a burnout ,peel out, hotrod drive the hell out of the ride type of guy.. but i still do have fun with the x :tongue:

i have never really bought tires based on performance before but since this is my first time buying new tires for the x im really trying to look for a nice quality for a reasonable price..

hopefully some good deals happen this weekend

T-stark

Reaction score
im on my 3rd set of sunnys i hot rod it around every now and then and i get about 30k out of them i just got my 3rd set in may and have about half tred on them

K

Keith120286

Top Bottom