XR-Underground » Performance & Mechanical » Chassis » Aftermarket Brakes » Calling Out TRD BBK Owners

Old 04-15-2012, 09:07 PM
shook Offline

iTrader Rating: 0
2006 Tacoma X-Runner
Mods: •Toyota Racing Development• •Underdog Racing Development• •NonStop Tuning• •Doug Thorley• •Competition Clutch• •Speed of Sound Performance• •WORK Wheels• •NITTO Tires• •Extang• •QA1 Shocks• •Kinetik•
I have a squeek when light braking, I think it's normal with the TRD pad material
Old 04-15-2012, 09:08 PM
My68ur8trd Offline

DREMEL KING

iTrader Rating: 13
2007 Super White Dcab
Mods: Stockish | TRD CAI | URD Catback | TRD S/C | APR X-1 | FlexPod | SG2 | DTLT | LS HID | BHLM |Fabtech 6" | Icon C/O | Alcan Leafs | 33 Grabber AT2 | 17" XD Addicts
Do the break in procedure again, it will cure it.

Squeak tends to be common for performance brakes ( My father in law has an IS F and they squeak, I am pretty sure they are stoptech too)

When I had the X, they would squeal and I would do the break in procedure and it would clean everything, rematch the pads, and it would quite down.

give it a try

50 mph, brake hard to a stop, immediately back to speed and do it again ( repeat 3 times) then try to drive for 10 min without hitting the brakes to cool them ( the pads will tend to stick if the rotors are hot). you will probably have a nice blue tint to the rotors as well when you a done and they will most likely smoke when you do the 3rd stop

Justin
Old 04-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Tunedx Offline
XRU Overdosed

iTrader Rating: 3
07 Radiant Red
Mods: Modless
Thks Justin I will give that a shot when I get the squel back. For now its gone. I cleaned and lubricated the back of the pad and sliders.