Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

6 into 1 merge collector.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Just do this:

4-3CHEVY3X3.jpg

It will sound just as terrible.

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
well most of my experiences with exhaust resonance and tone in our trucks is that drone and rasp increase but overall sound does not improve in the way v8's or straight 6's do. i was trying to think outside the box and under the involvement of a engine swap to and more menace to the tone of my truck.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
well most of my experiences with exhaust resonance and tone in our trucks is that drone and rasp increase but overall sound does not improve in the way v8's or straight 6's do. i was trying to think outside the box and under the involvement of a engine swap to and more menace to the tone of my truck.

Just a 8 into 1 on a V8 makes it sound completely different, I think it can be done but it will not be even remotely cheap. It'd be interesting to say the least.

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
From what i have read the lengths before the collector can be longer in order to get the piping under the hood as long as it is equal length before the collector maybe modifying some doug thorleys to collect underneath

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Spec-U headers and exhaust. Then equal lengths really tame the rasp, and make the note quite nice.

Top Bottom