Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD S/C upgrade

DOGO X

Reaction score
I know there is not an upgrade for it yet! :biggrin:

But since TRD is coming out with theirs :hahaha: (near Future upss 2yrs ago and nothing) Last I heard is that Gadget (URD) have some under theirs sleeve.

And since they release their CAI already, ummm more time for R&D for the upgrade.

So Gadget when is the upgrade coming out? :dontknow:

Spyder327

Reaction score
I know there is not an upgrade for it yet! :biggrin:

But since TRD is coming out with theirs :hahaha: (near Future upss 2yrs ago and nothing) Last I heard is that Gadget (URD) have some under theirs sleeve.

And since they release their CAI already, ummm more time for R&D for the upgrade.

So Gadget when is the upgrade coming out? :dontknow:

Maybe they kinda already have released upgrades.

the 80mm pulley...
the meth/water injection...

DOGO X

Reaction score
Back sometime Gadget had a engine disassembly,

Later on he said some over CT about 2nd stage for the S/C.

You are right they have the pulley and the Meth, but I have the feeling he is cooking some :biggrin:

Spyder327

Reaction score
Back sometime Gadget had a engine disassembly,

Later on he said some over CT about 2nd stage for the S/C.

You are right they have the pulley and the Meth, but I have the feeling he is cooking some :biggrin:

That may be true as well. The 80mm pulley makes a huuuge difference. Hopefully they do have something else in the works too...

lol although my engine bay is starting to run out of room.

DOGO X

Reaction score
I'll bet Gadget is just waiting for TRD to release their S/C. Then they will release the upgrade just to over run TRD product. :biggrin: cat and mouse

Remember as of today URD is the only company who offer a S/C for the 1GR, once they have competition on the market, URD have to react.

Spyder327

Reaction score
I'll bet Gadget is just waiting for TRD to release their S/C. Then they will release the upgrade just to over run TRD product. :biggrin: cat and mouse

Remember as of today URD is the only company who offer a S/C for the 1GR, once they have competition on the market, URD have to react.

If they're waiting for the TRD release, looks like they got lots of time to think of upgrades.

DOGO X

Reaction score
Not really! Will be closer than we expect

Spyder327

Reaction score
Not really! Will be closer than we expect

lol i expected it over a year ago, it cant really be closer than i expected.

I know they were testing the setup about 6 months ago at the proving grounds in AZ, but we're having engine troubles.

DOGO X

Reaction score
lol i expected it over a year ago, it cant really be closer than i expected.

I know they were testing the setup about 6 months ago at the proving grounds in AZ, but we're having engine troubles.

Interesting you said we're. Do you work close with them? :hmmmm2:

Spyder327

Reaction score
Interesting you said we're. Do you work close with them? :hmmmm2:

I said "they were"

He worked for a Toyota dealer so maybe..?

I knew a few people who worked at the proving grounds...

back in like october sometime the word was that they were testing the setup but it kept causing some problems.

DOGO X

Reaction score
Ok, last word was June 07. :dontknow:

waiting for the CARB legal stuff

Spyder327

Reaction score
Ok, last word was June 07. :dontknow:

waiting for the CARB legal stuff

We'll see what happens...

Regardless of what TRD produces, im extremely satisfied with URD and what they make so it doesn't matter too much to me anymore.

07XR808

Reaction score
The question is, will a Toyota produced TRD Supercharger still be covered under warranty once it is offered as an option?

Spyder327

Reaction score
The question is, will a Toyota produced TRD Supercharger still be covered under warranty once it is offered as an option?

Yes, thats how it works with TRD...it will be covered by warranty. All the same ive put over 7k miles on the URD system with not a single problem. Not to mention that my truck was produced in late '04 so if anyone should have had tranny problems or whatever else it woulda been me. Im confident that URD made an awesome setup.

Warranty on TRD systems is usually 5 years or 60k miles.

DOGO X

Reaction score
We'll see what happens...

Regardless of what TRD produces, im extremely satisfied with URD and what they make so it doesn't matter too much to me anymore.

I have my brother and his friend working on a Turbo set up!

Twisted Creations

Reaction score
TRD has not learned to use an intercooler with their SC applications, perhaps they should learn this from URD ;-)

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
I'M HAPPY YOUR HAPPY WITH YOUR SET-UP FROM URD.DON'T THINK IMO THAT THE JAPANESE WOULD EVEN CONSIDER CONSULTING WITH URD FOR S/C DESIGN.MAYBE YOU SHOULD VOLUNTEER YOUR TECHNICAL EXPERTISE TO TOYOTA AND GET IT FIXED FOR THEM!:laugh: :top: :biggrin:

Top Bottom