Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sand blast Rims

markgt531

Reaction score
yeh i got bored...and decided to sandblast them after 1 year of sittin in my basement. they are XXR 526 chromiun black 18x10 all around. Now im jus stuck on deciding on two things, color and which vehicle to mount them on. They both fit the X and the BMW 3 series (daily).

NEW chromium Balck XXR 526:

Sand blast prep:

SAndblast time:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Clear coat them as the sit now i have always been intrigued by the look of sand blasted metal and it would be different than anyone else, they would look great on both but i think your X needs them more!

markgt531

Reaction score
Clear coat them as the sit now i have always been intrigued by the look of sand blasted metal and it would be different than anyone else, they would look great on both but i think your X needs them more!

ahhaaha yeh thats what my buddy told me to paint it clear, it does look very different and now he wants to snag these from me lmao. Yeh i kno the X needs it more but now im thinkin of goin for the vossex cv3:rockon: in 20s ... but ill def play wiht this one for a bit

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I would sang them too if you were closer, if you proceed with this I would love to see some in depth pictures!

BondXII

Reaction score
I thought 3-series was a different bolt pattern than the X. Had a friend selling rims off his ZHP that I really wanted, but I thought the bolt pattern was wrong.

Now I wonder if he still has them if the bolt pattern is actually correct for the X.

X_Less

Reaction score
All BMW's (except older ones like the E30 3 series non M) have a 5x120 bolt pattern while the X-Runner is 5x114.3... I'm going to guess the only way they'll possibly fit is that those wheels are universal 5 lugs (notice all the lug holes)

azburnin

Reaction score
OOOOO I like this idea of just Clear Coating them. So it'll give the look of brushed steal and then a chrome lip. Phuck a duck I want HD picks on this? Pa PLEASE!

hrspwr236

Reaction score
All BMW's (except older ones like the E30 3 series non M) have a 5x120 bolt pattern while the X-Runner is 5x114.3... I'm going to guess the only way they'll possibly fit is that those wheels are universal 5 lugs (notice all the lug holes)

Most XXR wheels are dual bolt patterns, probably have 5x114.3 and 5x120. My Tenzo wheels that I am selling have a 5x114.3 and 5x100. I wouldnt say that they are universal becuase there are other 5 lug bolt patterns where the bolt spacing is different than even the three mentioned above. Sorry it's one of my pet peeves that bugs me especially looking on craigslist and alot of people say universal as if it fits all cars with 5 lugs. I have talked to people who that that was ture and end up bending studs or all together bought wheels that don't fit. Although that is how you get really great deals on wheels becuase they thought they fit!

markgt531

Reaction score
Most XXR wheels are dual bolt patterns, probably have 5x114.3 and 5x120.

yehp thats what i got. i was surprised

OOOOO I like this idea of just Clear Coating them. So it'll give the look of brushed steal and then a chrome lip. Phuck a duck I want HD picks on this? Pa PLEASE!

ill def take a better pick if i decide to clear coat it. for now im leaning towards puttin it on tme bmw and get vossec cv3 on the xr , still up in tha air though

Last edited:

X_Less

Reaction score
Most XXR wheels are dual bolt patterns, probably have 5x114.3 and 5x120. My Tenzo wheels that I am selling have a 5x114.3 and 5x100. I wouldnt say that they are universal becuase there are other 5 lug bolt patterns where the bolt spacing is different than even the three mentioned above. Sorry it's one of my pet peeves that bugs me especially looking on craigslist and alot of people say universal as if it fits all cars with 5 lugs. I have talked to people who that that was ture and end up bending studs or all together bought wheels that don't fit. Although that is how you get really great deals on wheels becuase they thought they fit!

You're totally right, I should of been a bit more thorough.

There are indeed numerous 5 lug patterns like Jaguar, Volvo's and Lincoln LS' being 5x108 and Audi being 5x112.

markgt531

Reaction score
sorry for the very late update fellas, but unfortunately i didnt get to clear coat the wheels even worse , they were involved in a fire in my buddys warehouse =(

Top Bottom