Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Engine swap meet at my house!

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Caleb, hope you get some helpful hands. Hoping to see her back up and running for XFE. :-D. Maria would like Panda's company.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Harbor freight transmission jack is you friend. Right around $100. Just did my engine swap this weekend. That jack is so much better than the motorcycle jack I had been using. Good luck to you mate. :top:

Clewis333

Reaction score
still haven't figured out how i'm doing this... dropping the transmission or not. i've heard it both ways

Gadget

Reaction score
Do not drop the trans. You are just adding work.

Use a small floor jack under the bell housing to support it and allow you to lift and lower it to assist with alignment.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
What Gadget said. Any time I have done a swap, I just support the trans. Slide it back a little. Disconnect the carrier bearing, and pull the shifter out. Not the whole shifter assembly. Just the arm. Disconnect the transmission from its cross
member support as well.

Gadget

Reaction score
Don't even need to do all of that. Just support the bell housing so you can lift it and lower it for alignment.

A small floor jack works great. You can have that engine out and back in no time.

G

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
How'd it go Caleb? She purring like a kitten yet?

Clewis333

Reaction score
Not quite lol, thanks for the tips guys. I've been jammed up at work so no progress yet, I do need to get my hands on some headers though, I sold them before the engine blew, quite inconvenient timing

Reaction score
It is getting close to December, and I am going to Disney World. If you decide to do it in December, I can get there a week early. I would help you, free, no charge of any kind, just payback for those that have helped me along the way.

Doublld

Reaction score
Not quite lol, thanks for the tips guys. I've been jammed up at work so no progress yet, I do need to get my hands on some headers though, I sold them before the engine blew, quite inconvenient timing

buy mine they have vbands on the bottom now but will sell for cheap

Gadget

Reaction score
Did you get that engine swapped yet?

G

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
If I had to guess I'd say no. I haven't seen any pics on FB or activity for that matter that would suggest it's running. He did get the BMW fixed though.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
One project at a time, eh? Makes life easier .

Top Bottom