Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

p0156

Xtacy

Reaction score
Been throwin this code off and on for some time now. Not sure what to do? I know it's something with the rear o2 sensor in bank 2 sensor 2. First, I'm not sure where that's located and second is that the o2 sensor that most likely needs replaced?

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
How long after your exhaust was put on until the codes came up? do you have an o2 sim or anything? I got a code similar when I had my wires crossed (left harness plugged into the right o2 sensor and vise verse )

Eraser

Reaction score
I took my X1 off my truck and this intermittent problem went away, so now my x1 is a paperweight.

Xtacy

Reaction score
My truck has 132k miles. It also has doug thorley long tube headers. The code just appeared a couple months ago. I would scan it then reset, it would be good for about a month then reappear. Could it be the downstream o2 sensor?

autobodyX

Reaction score
I had to change the right side converter on my 06 to clear that code. It had run lean from the clogged fuel filter and got cooked.

Xtacy

Reaction score
How did you determine it was the cat that was bad? I'm just trying to troubleshoot

autobodyX

Reaction score
I removed the air fuel sensor the front 02 sensor and inserted a camera and looked at the honeycomb in the converter and could see it was clogged.

Xtacy

Reaction score
Soooo I replaced the rear drivers side o2 sensor which cost be $100 on Thursday, 2 days later the CEL came on again!

clamb

Reaction score
Has anyone run the urd y pipe in an otherwise stock exhaust? I'm getting a high voltage on bank 2 and a low voltage on bank 1 (both on brand new rear o2 sensors). I've just bought the truck and am starting to suspect the cats. Is it a easy to add a test pipe in their place?

Gadget

Reaction score
Has your transmission ever been removed?

If so the connections for the rear sensors may be reversed.

G

clamb

Reaction score
I'm not certain but I just replaced all vac lines in addition to the rear o2 sensors if I code tomorrow I'll flop the harnesses. Thx

Top Bottom