Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Paint chips

WisconsinX

Reaction score
I have an 05 X with 10,000 miles on it, never seen dirt and I have more paint chips than most cars sitting in the junkyard. I looks horrible. I went to my dealership last week and they said they would get the regional rep involved. I have'nt recieved a phone call from them yet. I hope they don't blow me off. Anyone had this problem or am I crazy. Thanks

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
I'm noticing a few chips just under the fender flares but that's it.

wshsbears

Reaction score
my truck is 2 1/2 months old and i already have 6 paint chips on my passenger door, one on the passenger a-pillar, 3 good size rock chips on the lower passenger front valence, scuff scratches on front fenders and rear bumper (from backpacks walking next to it)

I walked out to my truck after class today and saw a group of people standing around a car. that car was parked next to my truck and there was someone leaning on my truck. omg i was pissed, but i just walked up and asked him nicely to not lean on my truck, but still, that makes me really mad that someone would have that little consideration for someone else's investment.

i'll be bringing my truck in if this issue keeps growing. let us know what it takes to get this taken care of!

thanks

X-Runnin

Reaction score
Tons of chips here also, I'm thinkin there might be somethin wrong with the paint or something, paint shouldn't just peel from going through an automatic washer ONCE! My mom has taken her burban through the same washer every week for 4 years and has less chips than I do. I'm scared to really look close at my truck cuz I'll always find one.

DOGO X

Reaction score
05 but a few paint chips! :thumpdown:

Spicy Taco X

Reaction score
I am sorry you guys have the paint chips, but I am so glad I am not the only one. I actually thought that they were dirt at first. I have so many on my front pillars surounding the windshield. All over my fender flares and rear quarter panels. And the thing is, they are to the metal.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I am sorry you guys have the paint chips, but I am so glad I am not the only one. I actually thought that they were dirt at first. I have so many on my front pillars surounding the windshield. All over my fender flares and rear quarter panels. And the thing is, they are to the metal.

Never heard of them on the front pillars before :dontknow:

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
I have had tons of paint chips. I just went and got touch up paint for like $7. Worked fine! :top:

SupraJunky101

Reaction score
06 , 13K miles and I hate a sh*t ton on my flares and various other places

WisconsinX

Reaction score
Yeah I bought touch up paint as well. Their is no way I can even keep up with them on the wheel wells.
I'm calling Toyota tomarrow and I'm going to ask why they hav'nt given me a call back regarding this problem. It has been over a week now and they keep blowing me off. I'm going to tell them I think its defective paint. I will continue to argue with them until someone cares. I will let you all know what I find out.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Yeah I bought touch up paint as well. Their is no way I can even keep up with them on the wheel wells.
I'm calling Toyota tomarrow and I'm going to ask why they hav'nt given me a call back regarding this problem. It has been over a week now and they keep blowing me off. I'm going to tell them I think its defective paint. I will continue to argue with them until someone cares. I will let you all know what I find out.

when i first had this problem they replace them with no questions asked (only had like 10k then) After they failed to put on the 3m stuff like i requested them to do, i went back and they refused to replace them after they chipped, so good luck :top:

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
can someone take pics so i can see if mine are related to urs.. i dont know if mine are paint chips or rock chips:dontknow:

SupraJunky101

Reaction score
Mine are on the rear flares, in front of the wheel, right near the base, It's chipped to all hell.

uh60rotorhead

Reaction score
I have tons of very tiny chips on my front fenders, but once I put some hard shell wax on there, they stopped.

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Im pretty over the chips...I'm thinking about respraying the truck RR and throwing a blue or purple pearl on it....

Top Bottom