Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Help my truck breath

XRTOMMY

Reaction score
I wanna help my truck breath better but I don't want to buy a aftermarket exhaust just yet because I'm in the process of buying a full exhaust. But what can I do to the stock exhaust to help it breath better and maybe give it a nice tone?
Any help is appreciated! It is a 2014 xr. Not sure if there's a complete difference in the exhaust for the older years.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
For cheap you can weld in any straight thru muffler, I would recommend magnaflow 14" long, 5" round body with 2.5" center in and out. Or for really cheap you can do what I did and cut the muffler out and weld in a pipe, typical is the cost of welding in a pipe 30-50 bucks, the magnaflow alone will be about 75.

STONER-X

Reaction score
I wanna help my truck breath better but I don't want to buy a aftermarket exhaust just yet because I'm in the process of buying a full exhaust. But what can I do to the stock exhaust to help it breath better and maybe give it a nice tone?
Any help is appreciated! It is a 2014 xr. Not sure if there's a complete difference in the exhaust for the older years.

If you know you are putting full exhaust on don't even bother said earlier the $100 spent putting a muffler on the truck and just put that towards the kit you want??

hrspwr236

Reaction score
If you know you are putting full exhaust on don't even bother said earlier the $100 spent putting a muffler on the truck and just put that towards the kit you want??

Sound advice :top: if you are desperate for something as someone trying to save up for an expensive cat back, a muffler delete my be a good choice, it's the cheapest free flow exhaust, but I will warn you it will be louder :rockon:

XRTOMMY

Reaction score
I know I should put that 100 to the full exhaust but I just need something right now. Haha and I was thinking a bout doing the cat delete. But a local exhaust shop said my check engine light might come on if I do that. Is that true?

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I know I should put that 100 to the full exhaust but I just need something right now. Haha and I was thinking a bout doing the cat delete. But a local exhaust shop said my check engine light might come on if I do that. Is that true?

Nope, the rear cats are not monitored! I don't have any :top: I went with the Doug Thorley Pipe Bomb becuase I am on a budget but URD makes a great y pipe but that is alot more than 100

Edgeman

Reaction score

Couldn't agree more! Frankly, the OEM exhaust breathes pretty darn good in a stock configuration, and unless you're boosted, you probably won't have noticeable gains. The only thing you'll be gaining is in the sound department.

Wouldn't even consider taking a piece-meal approach to modifications. Just save up for a SS cat back system instead of just welding in a different muffler. Then look to headers. Then look to an intake. Then look to brakes, then look to a supercharger. Then...

Top Bottom