Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Shane's URD MRKlll++ supercharger Build

shane881510

Reaction score
who has the urd system and how do u like it and what other
mods do u have with it.

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=49762 here u go on my build!

Its a great setup....like anything you must install...must fabricate here and there...but not a extreme amount!...i got about 7500 miles on the kit! lots of power for a truck....wish i had more but that's in the near future! realy haven't added any thing to it...but what all G. man gave me....for the stage III kit..... the s/c is quite...should have talk to G. man, to see if they had a noiser s/c with the same size compressor!

Rob

shane881510

Reaction score
when u first installed it. was it jumpy and wouldn't take fuel an sputters. I frigured the ucon was still learning.

justin13703

Reaction score
No they don't have a noisier supercharger. The rotrex units are made to be quiet. It's not a screw or lobe type so you won't get the kind of noise out of it that they make. Honestly I prefer the sound of my rotrex to the Trd. The high pitch whistle it makes and the bypass valve is an awesome thing lol

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have some sort of problem. Have you contacted Gadget?

RRX

Reaction score
I have the MRKIII stage 3 and love it. I have never had any problems. On my dyno day I was pushing 483hp and 445 tq. I plan to go well above the 500 mark after I get my engine build done. All my mods are in the my mod list.

But if you are having some kind of problem you need to go to G not the Fourm. G is well help you figure out what is going on and make you happy.

Last edited:

shane881510

Reaction score
yea got a cel both banks were lean. it acts like it don't wanna take fuel and hiccups. I'm waiting on g to up link and data log to see what's up.. seems to not be getting enough fuel..

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
You have vacuum leaks? Sounds like it

shane881510

Reaction score
as far as i know i dont have no leaks, ive went over all vaccum lines, hose clamps everything i can see or reach other the hood...

shane881510

Reaction score
set the rev limit down to 5800 and now boost gauge reads 11psi at 5800. when before it only went to 10psi at 6200. is this normal.

Super Werty

Reaction score
set the rev limit down to 5800 and now boost gauge reads 11psi at 5800. when before it only went to 10psi at 6200. is this normal.

boost numbers vary with weather and elevation.... Was it colder recently... Also could just be the gauge. I would look at ur data logs and check out the maf g/s

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
well it did seem like it did...I did go by G instructions...on how long to run it...then check every thing installed for leaks...then start it again to get the coolant to bleed correctly, but as for the fuel...i don't believe i had an issue with that at all....i did keep it at very low rpm n boost until the computer learn what it needed...once i pushed it more...few days later one of my intercooler piping poped off, then i had a running issue thats how i found the problem when i had to install the Stage II kit...i called G about the problem....and i told him what happen...He looked in his stock of piping and had them refixed of that problem. But over all not realy any problems...until i fixed my piping!

Rob

when u first installed it. was it jumpy and wouldn't take fuel an sputters. I frigured the ucon was still learning.

shane881510

Reaction score
yea I had the pipes blow off a few times. I hate it. stupid clamps. going upgrade with the t bolt clamps. what is the black bypass from the charge pipe going back to the air box for what does it do.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like a recirculation hose. Need to ask Gadget.

Clampco T-bolt clamps. Best.

Gadget

Reaction score
URD had a batch of MAF pipes where the end at the throttle body was not bead rolled like it should of been. This cause some of the of the couplers to slip off. This has been fixed.

T-bolt clamps are not needed. The thing to do is to wipe the end of the pipes clean and clean the couplers and the nice liner clamps we ship in the kits are more than sufficient.

G

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
Hey Gadget....when i was working up in Columbia....I had 1st hand at that part of the pipe pop off...i fixed the other end like you told me too...but man i took off to cross a street and the darn pipe poped off and i lost total power..and the vehicle shut off on me and scard the sh** out of me....I thought i had blown the motor...but unfortently i saw the pipe was off...and i fixed that...i was so happy that was the propblem!

Rob

shane881510

Reaction score
most of my problems I wasn't tightening the clamps enough from fear of stripping the clamps.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not a big deal if you actually do strip a worn gear. They are easy to come by.

Gadget

Reaction score
I use an 8mm socket on a 1/4" ratchet to snug mine up. Nut driver type screw drivers work well, but I keep loosing those.

Flat screw drivers suck.

G

Top Bottom