Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A/C wasn't blowing up to par... dear God (Pics)

Workman3886

Reaction score
What's up guys, been a long time for me and that's all my fault. After finally getting my divorce finalized I guess you can say I went a little crazy, dropped 95 pounds since, made whoopie, and just been having a damn good time.

Any who, my A/C... when I bought the truck she squeaked pretty bad, so I followed the write up, dropped the blower, took apart, greased, rebuilt and back up she went. It was fantastic for months, no noises, blew great and just worked damn well.

About 6 months later I noticed a drop in power, it wasn't as cold, and started to make a terrible sound on the highest setting. So I did what anyone would do... ignored it for a year. It was so damn bad finally I told my buddy at Hybrid Racing (was that a plug LMAO) that I needed to drop it, he agreed so we rolled her in the shop, dropped the doors and went to work.

Nothing could have prepared me for what was about to happen. When I removed the last bolt and dropped the blower my eyes was more round than a Chihuahua.

So any clue as to what happen will be taken, I cleaned all the duct work out, under the wiper cowl, and replaced the cabin air filter. And yes, my A/C works AMAZING now!!!!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
^^^ Seriously! Ex wife try to play a mean joke on you??? Lol

Gadget

Reaction score
Women will not think of that.

Had the same thing happen to my wife's Rav4.

Had mice living in my XRunner one Winter also.

G

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
Had to pull a dead rat from a 2 month old highlander's a/c fan. In July. The odor ruined the interior.

Workman3886

Reaction score
It wasn't insulation, I'm honestly not sure what it was, I don't think it was mice with, just because I didn't see any poop anywhere, it was strange but my A/C is a beast now!!!

trdtoy

Reaction score
Looks like cotton/plant matter or stuffing of some sort. You near ag/cotton field by chance? Regardless I can see how that would cause it not to work well.....

Jeremias

Reaction score
Something was nesting up there and probable left when you started one day.

Top Bottom