Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

terrible bump steer lowered x?

1slosvt

Reaction score
Like the title states does any one else have this problem? Its a djm 3/4 drop. Didn't notice it to bad but now the roads are pretty bad around here after a long winter and its scary to drive. If you hit a few bumps (where the blacktop has heaved a little) close together the truck will almost be sideways! Its like driving a go kart with no suspension at all and every small bump forces the truck all over the road. Im gona put shocks and struts on next weekend but I was hoping someone made a bumpsteer kit too. Love the way the drop looks but its not even fun to drive when it handles this bad. Any input is definitely appreciated!!

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
I've heard people having this issue, but luckily I have not had this problem.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
There are a few stretches around town that the roads have a washboard felling to them and I can feel the trucking sliding around a bit and I am on stock suspension.

autobodyX

Reaction score
XII performance will have a fix for it in the near future. I showed them how I fixed mine at the VIR meet.

azburnin

Reaction score
I look forward to this upgrade coming out buy Buck & Amy. I will be getting my hands in them for sure!

autobodyX

Reaction score
Heim joint linkages?

Yes 5/8 X 5/8 grease-able heim joint 3" GM tapered tie rod adapter stud and a custom threaded aluminum tie rod sleeve and some 5/8" cone spacers.

13953169150_aba810c087_z.jpg

To fix this
8369476579_8eb275b15c_z.jpg

Last edited:

BondXII

Reaction score
XII performance will have a fix for it in the near future. I showed them how I fixed mine at the VIR meet.

So much for a big unavailing of a new product. LOL

This is true though. :blurock:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes 5/8 X 5/8 grease-able heim joint 3" GM tapered tie rod adapter stud and a custom threaded aluminum tie rod sleeve and some 5/8" cone spacers.

13953169150_aba810c087_z.jpg

To fix this
8369476579_8eb275b15c_z.jpg

Pretty similar to what the off-road crowd does, for their long travel kits. :top:

1slosvt

Reaction score
That's exactly what I was looking for!! Any idea on an release date? I was going to move the rack up but it coild only go 3/4 of an inch or so before causing other issues. Im in for a set of these tho!!

any idea on a price? Id bewilling to lay money down now if the price is right,lol.

Last edited:

autobodyX

Reaction score
XII performance is on it look for something sooon.

BondXII

Reaction score
Prototype #1 has taken an official beating on the XII Performance X-Runner. :burnout2:
Took it out to Roebling Road Raceway to do some proper track testing. Needed to do a shake down on our Chump Series car and figured it was a good opportunity to do the same in the X. After my third lap and got everything warmed up, it was go time. Coming into turn 1 at just under 130, I felt a pop and and it wanted to pull to the right a little. Through the rest of the course it was good, so instead of pitting, I ran it out again. Coming back into turn 1 (about the only turn that needs hard braking) and no pop...but still pulled to the right. :dontknow: On the next lap I noticed that the wheel was a little crocked going down the straight. Turns out that I was just assuming the wheel should be straight and I was "turning" right and not "pulling" right. LOL. Go figure. After that, I pitted. I checked out everything and it seemed good from what I could tell in the pits and not on a lift. Took it back out for another few laps and everything was great, except for having to keep the wheel slightly turned to brake straight.

Drove home and parked it until I had a chance to put it on the lift to check it out. The good news is that the tie rods were not damaged. The bad news is that the lower control arm was not torqued as well as I thought and shifted slightly. AutobodyX guessed that one. :top:

In summary, the truck handles great and turns like it should with these tie rods. Back to the drawing board for version #2. Gotta change a few things in the design to ensure that everybody can get their trucks into a street friendly alignment. I had a good track set up, but tires won't last if it is the daily.

Stay tuned as we're getting closer to having a great product. :blurock:

Hi_Psi

Reaction score
I tought something was wrkng with ny truck but i guess it does ride rough even stock? I hit a bump and sometimes that thing just wants to slide. I think its a ae86 in spirit lol

Xrunner80

Reaction score
Anyone know a quick simple way to
Lower my xrunner just enough to where
Is not as much open space in my fender wells
Just wan the body to set a little closer down around
The tires with out bagging or any of that stuff

Ziggy297

Reaction score
I would check out XII performance. I did their entire kit on all 4 corners, looks great and rides killer. To add to it I had horrible bump steer before I installed all of their suspension parts. Took a test drive /long route to the shop for alignment and the bump steer was gone. I do not understand that one but I will take it!

mikies15

Reaction score
any thing going on with the xII tie rods I called them last summer and they said they would have them the winter of 14 almost summer 15 and still nothing

Top Bottom