Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD Spec-U exhaust for the dbl cab lb?

07tacoswb

Reaction score
I just received my spec-u exhaust yesterday. I need to know if anyone else here has this exhaust for their dbl cab lb and have an issue with the mid-pipe muffler not fitting correctly because of the carrier bearing support bracket. It looks to me that the pipe needs to be a little longer on the flex side and a little shorter on the exit of the muffler to keep over all length. My mid-pipe muffler will touch the bracket if you install it like it should be to keep the pipes level and straight. Thanks for any help.

20150430_203856.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

07tacoswb

Reaction score
Give Gadget a call at URD.

I have been in contact with Gadget from the beggining. My question to everyone is where is the carrier bearing on the 2wd models. There are two sets of mounting holes on the frame. On my 4wd it is in the back set of holes because of the transfer case. But with the 2wd not having the transfer case do they have the carrier bearing in the front location. Could some one with a 2wd dbl cab lb check this and let me know?

Last edited by a moderator:

07tacoswb

Reaction score
Also this exhaust sounds amazing. Gadget nailed it. This is the best exhaust I have put on here. And I have put 4 other exhaust on here before this one.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
At least it sounds great! Wish I could be of some help.

xrgilly

Reaction score
As soon as I get the exhaust fitted like I want it I will post some clips. :top:
awesome a have dcablb and I'm looking at this exhaust but i can't find any sound clips….g had some but they have disappeared

07tacoswb

Reaction score
awesome a have dcablb and I'm looking at this exhaust but i can't find any sound clips….g had some but they have disappeared

Is yours a 4wd? If so your midpipe may not fit like it's designed to. I'm going to have to cut and extend the midpipe to move past the carrier bearing support bracket. Unfortunately the whole no cutting or welding statement in the description doesn't apply to my 4wd. That is the only way to make this work. i'm going to fix it this weekend and i'll post pics of what I had to do to correct the fitment. Good luck.

07tacoswb

Reaction score
Yes mine is a 4x4....hmmm interesting

Do me a favor. Look under your truck. There are 6 holes on the frame for that bracket. Mine is in the four to the rear. the two in the front are open. If that is the case then you will have issues.

Last edited:

xrgilly

Reaction score
if you are referring to the location of the crossmember that the carrier bearing is attached to then mine is located in the rear most hole.

xrgilly

Reaction score
wonder whats the difference between the 05 to 12 kit and 13+ kit maybe the wrong kit got shipped?? i don't really want to spend all that money to have to……MAKE IT FIT!

07tacoswb

Reaction score
wonder whats the difference between the 05 to 12 kit and 13+ kit maybe the wrong kit got shipped?? i don't really want to spend all that money to have to……MAKE IT FIT!

Just posted a pic of the frame. The only difference between the two is the hanger for the tail pipe is turned around the opposIte direction. That is what Gadget told me.The seat of my pants difference and sound is worth it for a little mod.

xrgilly

Reaction score
i hear ya…just that u pay good money for something that is sposta fit without issue…

xrgilly

Reaction score
so…whats urd saying about the issue?

they must have used a 4x4 for test fitting… or i guess maybe a pre runner

07tacoswb

Reaction score
so…whats urd saying about the issue?

they must have used a 4x4 for test fitting… or i guess maybe a pre runner

Bring my truck in and they will fix it. It's like a 5 1/2 hr drive one way. That's not going to work for me. I think it had to be a prerunner.

Top Bottom