Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Darkside-X Mods

Darkside-X

Reaction score
I guess it's about time to start posting my build thread for my 2013 X-Runner. I have only had the truck less than a year and can say I have spent lots of money on this truck, but am very happy with the outcome. I have always had a passion and hobby of modifying everything I own, weather its a bike or car. My goal is to always have a quick, but reliable vehicle set up and in this case I set this one up for some drifting. I plan on continuing my mods, but I am happy for now where I am at. I will post links of my other pages so you can see pictures. I will post more pics on here Here are my mods so far:
Under Hood Dress Up
http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56425
AFE Twisted Steel Headers
http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56545
Suspension
http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56332
DJM Air Locker
http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56540

PERORMANCE MODS:
-TRD Supercharger
-URD SureGrip 2.825 pulley
-URD Spec-U Exhaust- Powder Coated Tip Black
-URD Stage III Clutch
-URD Upgraded Throw Out Bearing
-URD TCAI and MAF Extension Harness
-URD's Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
-URD 170* Thermostat
-Factory Oil Cooler
-AFE Twisted Steel Headers
-Coupe Modded TRD Short Shifter
-Coupe Oil Pan Spacer With Baffle Shield

SUSPENSION MODS:
-XII Front and Rear Sway Bars
-XII Front Eibach Sport Springs- Stock Height
-XII 3 Inch Drop Leaf Springs
-XII's QA1 Adjustable Rear Shocks
-XII Low Profile Bump Stops with Factory Bump Stop Removal Mod
-DJM 3 Inch Drop Control Arms- Powder Coated Gloss Black
-URD Traction Bar
-TJM Air Locker and Air Pump

COSMETIC MODS:
- Vertical Doors Inc's Lambo Door Hinges
-AEM Boost Gauge
-AEM Eugo Air Fuel Ratio Gauge
-Lotek Pillar Pod
-HID Headlights
-LED Interior Lights
-Coupe's TRD Fuse Box Cover
-Coupe's TRD Battery Hold Down
-Fog Light Mod
-Pop n Lock Tail Gate Lock
-Bed Compartment Locks Installed
-TRD Supercharger Emblems Painted 3R3 (RED)
-Sundown 600 Watt Amp
-JL10w6V3 Subwoofer
-Pioneer App Radio
-Custom Built Down Fire Subwoofer Box (Looks like an armrest in between rear seats)
-BHLM (done by previous owner and did terrible job)
-Tinted Tail Lights (kept reverse section clear)

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That is a heck of a mod list right there. Dayum.

What issues are you having with the twin disk?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Got the Lone star drift series here in Houston, as one of the stops. At Gulf Greyhound Race Park. Main track and practice track.

Darkside-X

Reaction score
That is a heck of a mod list right there. Dayum.

What issues are you having with the twin disk?

For one, it is extremely noisy when at low rpm or "lugging the engine". But the biggest problem is that it shakes and shutters very badly starting out. It's embarrassing to pull out cause whole truck shakes. Gadget wants to get my truck picked up and sent to him to diagnose and fix it, but I don't have another vehicle to spare. I'm really thinking of doing the t56 swap now tho. But I'm spending so much money on this truck already.

justin13703

Reaction score
For one, it is extremely noisy when at low rpm or "lugging the engine". But the biggest problem is that it shakes and shutters very badly starting out. It's embarrassing to pull out cause whole truck shakes. Gadget wants to get my truck picked up and sent to him to diagnose and fix it, but I don't have another vehicle to spare. I'm really thinking of doing the t56 swap now tho. But I'm spending so much money on this truck already.

How long have you had the twin disc? Being "chattery" at low rpm is a characteristic of lightweight flywheels, which I'm assuming is used with the twin disc clutch. My cc stage 3 clutch was very shaky and jerky for like 6 months after it was installed until it fully broke in. After that it was smooth as butter

Darkside-X

Reaction score
How long have you had the twin disc? Being "chattery" at low rpm is a characteristic of lightweight flywheels, which I'm assuming is used with the twin disc clutch. My cc stage 3 clutch was very shaky and jerky for like 6 months after it was installed until it fully broke in. After that it was smooth as butter

It has been in for maybe 1800 miles, less than 2 months. I have heard the noise is common for twin disc clutches, but it is way louder than I can handle. I have had clutches chatter before, but my entire truck shakes from this.

Gadget

Reaction score
When you lug the engine below 1500 RPM is causes the teeth in the transmission to rattle. This is from the three firing pulses of the engine on each revolution. Above 1500 RPM this rattling noise goes away.

This will get more pronounced with a light weight flywheel.

G

Darkside-X

Reaction score
When you lug the engine below 1500 RPM is causes the teeth in the transmission to rattle. This is from the three firing pulses of the engine on each revolution. Above 1500 RPM this rattling noise goes away.

This will get more pronounced with a light weight flywheel.

G

Yeah I have talked to you about it several times before, but the noise in mine is all the way up to almost 2800 rpm which is a nice cruising, gas saving rpm. Is the noise any different with the t56 or quieter? I just don't know if having a pilot bearing makes any difference. I'm wanting to do the swap, but I have spent so much money already, mostly with URD upgrades, I'm not sure if it's in my budget any time soon.

Top Bottom