Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

my xr got a big brother... 2016 taco content

blu xr

Reaction score
well my wife decided she wanted back in a truck again. she missed the xr, which was her daily for years before handing it down to me a year or so ago. we got her a new 2014 mustang in grabber blue (in the background of pic) but after a while she just wanted out of it. she orig wanted a vette...glad i didnt pull the trigger on that or else i would be out a ton more money :laugh:

anyways we checked out the new nissan desert runner & a chevy colorado that was similar to an xtreme, but she knew that the tacoma was what she really wanted to get even thought it cost quite a bit more than the other trucks we looked at.

the new taco is totally redesigned inside and out and though its not quite my style i dig it. i think an xr with the new body shape would be pretty cool, but the sales guys didnt think there was any such thing.

well here is a pic the day we got it. i will get more later and report back on all the in's and out's of it if anyones interested.

20150930_171729_zpshbmtbyo8.jpeg

Gadget

Reaction score
Very nice!!

Where are you located?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
:top: :top:

You should race her now. ;)

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Congrats! :top:
Not a fan of crew cab short beds, but glad that she's back in a Toyota!

hrspwr236

Reaction score
It's going to take a while to get used to it but it's not that bad looking

blu xr

Reaction score
so far the truck seems nice...it is a far cry from the xr, but she really likes it.

as for me, the auto is killing me lol. the cruise is horrible. every little hill it wants to floor it to 3500 rpm until it gets up to speed...not at all as smooth as the xr.

lamia2super

Reaction score
so far the truck seems nice...it is a far cry from the xr, but she really likes it.

as for me, the auto is killing me lol. the cruise is horrible. every little hill it wants to floor it to 3500 rpm until it gets up to speed...not at all as smooth as the xr.

im trying to see if i find a buyer for my truck or maybe partout to get a trd offroad. i need something that can haul more weight

sytfu510

Reaction score
nice! The interiors on the 2016's are awesome. Leaves a lot to be desired in ours.

blu xr

Reaction score
nice! The interiors on the 2016's are awesome. Leaves a lot to be desired in ours.

yeah, i love the interior also. lots of extras too...the lcd screen, backup camera, info gauges are really cool

lamia2super

Reaction score
im still waiting with no build date. my dealer buddy calls me from time to time when a customers backs out but no one has ordered exactly what i want yet

Top Bottom