Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

new UCON EMS

SgtBadA

Reaction score
So i just got my UCON in the mail about an hour ago. Im super duper excited to install it. Everything is in nice packing material and the computer just loks so boss. Anyways it came with this USB drive i havent plugged it in yet but dang i like it. Beats having a CD. Anyways not to rant on or anything but big thanks to Gadget and his team for helping me make up my mind on what i wanted. Its worth every penny guys. Thanks again Gadget.

autobodyX

Reaction score
I wants one. But still not available for my year.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Yea i lucked out when i bought mine. Perfect year for an xrunner

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been running mine since R1. Great addition for tuning and I've had zero issues with it. Congrats on the new mod and let us know how it turns out once you get it installed. Note: I've still been waiting for the real-world opportunity to try out launch control. : )

SgtBadA

Reaction score
I am interested in the launch control, i noticed that on the flash drive only had the install instructions. Is the tuning/tweaking done with a laptop?

giox

Reaction score
i have one i bought last year around april... i want launch control..

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Ok finally got around to installing the UCON with some local help. Cam Gears are a pain. Broke a wrench trying to bust the cam gear off. Overall the install was very clean and i have no check engine light. I did notice after driving it i got a smoother idle and better power out of my engine. Few questions im sure gadget knows the answers to. First what does it mean when the check engine is flashing when i was high in thw RPMs? Like 5800 range. It was blinking then i shifted and it went away. Is that like a shift light or something? How do i set up launch control

hiflyer

Reaction score
Ok finally got around to installing the UCON with some local help. Cam Gears are a pain. Broke a wrench trying to bust the cam gear off. Overall the install was very clean and i have no check engine light. I did notice after driving it i got a smoother idle and better power out of my engine. Few questions im sure gadget knows the answers to. First what does it mean when the check engine is flashing when i was high in thw RPMs? Like 5800 range. It was blinking then i shifted and it went away. Is that like a shift light or something? How do i set up launch control

Yep I'm heavily guessing that's a shift light for you :)

Gadget

Reaction score
The UCON controls the check engine light.

On engine start it will flash to tell you what stage calibration file is loaded. One flash, stage 1 and so on.

It is used as a shift light. The default is -200 under engine redline.

It will also be turned on solid if the engine guardian engages and will stay on until you release the throttle and it resets.

G

Redlantern

Reaction score
The UCON controls the check engine light.

On engine start it will flash to tell you what stage calibration file is loaded. One flash, stage 1 and so on.

It is used as a shift light. The default is -200 under engine redline.

It will also be turned on solid if the engine guardian engages and will stay on until you release the throttle and it resets.

G

Hah. Always wondered why it flashed before startup. Now I know lol.

Kookla

Reaction score
I'm right on the verge of ordering the ucon.....
U said u noticed some more power,....
Is it a very noticeable difference?
I'm naturally aspirated and not sure if it's worth dropping over $2000 after having it shipped to canada and installed.

If you spend a bit over $2000 for just the ucon, would u be more than happy with it?

P.s.....
The $2000 price does not reflect the same for everyone, it just costs so much here after currency exchange rate, taxes, duties, and install!!!
I DO NOT WANT ANYONE TO THINK IT WILL COST THAT MUCH FOR THEM AS IT PROBABLY WONT LOL

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Im enjoying the UCON. It was worth the money. I feel a pretty large difference in power. Its a well put together unit. The nore mods you have the nore noticable the power difference is.

Kookla

Reaction score
Thanks for the input!
I actually ordered it soon after my post, couldn't resist any longer.....
Gadget said back At start of this month that there will be more in about 10 days so to order it and will ship when they are in!
Unfortunately that was so far 15 days ago lol I sure hope it gets here soon!!! I'm excited!
Anyone know the last time they were available? I been trying off n on for a year, but I never see them in stock. Must be popular.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
I dont know when he will have them in stock, but it took around 4 days for everything to be put together and shipped

Kookla

Reaction score
I keep seeing the odd post here n there about launch control on the ucon.....does it have launch controll? I can't find anything about that which says it for sure does or does not have it.....I know the X1 had it.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
I dont have the tuning software for my ucon yet but im sure it does

4x4fiend

Reaction score
As I understood from other readings, the ucon wouldn't be available for the '14 Tacoma engines (or 09+ in general). Is this correct?

Kookla

Reaction score
I can't remember off my head, but on urd website under ucon, it has the applications listed there. Was only 4 or 5 different models if I remember correctly.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
The current ucon is only for the 05 to 08 tacoma in 2009 the new computer came out along with other engine modifications so URD is working on getting one out for everyone

Top Bottom