Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

This problem is driving me crazy! Help/ideas/suggestions needed!

LAzevedo

Reaction score
So I've been having a bogging, power loss, hesitation, stumble.. Taking off from a dead stop I need to rev up to 3.5k just to accelerate normally. I can be doing 60, in 6th, and floor it, it doesn't accelerate. And then, the problem dissappears. It'll run perfect for 2-3 months and bam.. Problem is back for a while. It's been a year and a half of this and I still haven't been able resolve it. Different shops, some tuning shops, and some 6 mechanics. Details below.

Mods:

AFE Stage 2 Intake
JBA Short Tube Headers
3" Y back
76mm throttle body
Intake manifold spacer
Urd thermostat
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Unichip (tuned)

I've tried disconnecting the Unichip and reconnecting stock harness. New plugs, new injectors, new coil packs.. Nothing has resolved the problem. It bogs when I use race fuel or fuel system cleaners. And to top it off, cruise control doesn't turn on. I don't know what to do :/

kwigs160966

Reaction score
Take a closer look at the throttle bodie clean it and the maf sensor. Replace either or both of you find a thing

Gadget

Reaction score
When this happens, do gauges in the instrument cluster do anything weird, like the tach drop all the way to ZERO and not reflect actual engine speed?

You may want to switch back to the stock throttle valve and see if that has any affect on it.

G

LAzevedo

Reaction score
I've checked the fuel filter and have tried reverting back to stock throttle body. The gauges stay put.. They don't go to zero.

armyoffoo

Reaction score
Does it only do it when the tank is low? I had this problem with my truck, turned out that the fuel hose clamp on my URD fuel pump upgrade ate through the hose...my fault, over-tightened it. When the tank was full, no issues, once it dropped under 1/4 it would have issues. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

LAzevedo

Reaction score
I haven't even thought/noticed about the tank level. Truck is running awesome today btw.. Been about two weeks since I've felt zee powa!

autobodyX

Reaction score
Does it only do it when the tank is low? I had this problem with my truck, turned out that the fuel hose clamp on my URD fuel pump upgrade ate through the hose...my fault, over-tightened it. When the tank was full, no issues, once it dropped under 1/4 it would have issues. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

Fuel problem line is my Guess too.
I Had a problem with the submersible line in the my tank. I had too sharp a bend in the line and it cracked and leaked pressure. Took me quite a while to figure it out.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Happened to my friend but it would shutter at lower speeds. It was his fuel line bleeding off pressure

LAzevedo

Reaction score
Bleeding off pressure how? Only way to check the fuel pressure would be in-line right?

LAzevedo

Reaction score
What about the Unichip? I've removed it and the problem was still there. Starting to think it's the ECM. My A/C has been acting weird (randomly turns off when on, but higher idle as if A/C was on) and my cruise control works every so often. Can't be a coincidence right?? Anyone know how to test the ECM?

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Cruise control may be affected my brake fluid level.
The rest I have no idea. Good luck!

autobodyX

Reaction score
A/C kicks out if it senses belt slip. Needs a belt or something Is leaking and getting on the belt making belt slip.

Pull sending unit you will find a leak in the fuel line is cause of your other problems.

volcomstone_1223

Reaction score
I'd definitely clean the maf sensor even if it looks clean I had a similar problem cause by that, A/C also turns off when at WOT so maybe an issue with the throttle body?

LAzevedo

Reaction score
I have a 2uzfe throttle body.. 76mm. I'm just getting misfire codes from pretty much every cylinder.. No other codes other than misfires.

LAzevedo

Reaction score
I replaced both fuel filters and I replaced a spark plug from cylinder 2 (had a PO302). Truck ran perfect for about 5 days then boom, problem is back! If I go less than half throttle truck will accelerate Okay. When more than half, it'll start to bog a bit and if I floor it while it bogging, it'll misfire every time.. PO300 is the only code I'm getting. Help?!!

Coupe

Reaction score
I will assume you checked all plugs.

You could have a weak fuel pump.

This is out there a bit, but you could have a battery with a weak cell or a bad ground.

I would vote for a bad ground.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have any aftermarket components wired into your truck? Radio, gauges, other?

Do you live in an area that has a lot of mice or rodents? Have you checked your electrical harness for broken shielding?

Top Bottom