Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XMPLRY 2015 TRD supercharged

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
Looks great man! :top:

Is the oil pan still off in these pictures? I am believing so, based on your earlier commentary.

Thanks! I actually had to buy different fittings so I wen to the store and bought extras trying to puzzle them together and the oil filter that was on their from the dealer from the last oil change was a really hard to take off! When I got my truck back from the deal I noticed the filter had a dent and told them about it but they said it shouldn't affect to performance of it so I didn't mind it until I tried to take it off. I honestly think the dealer tried to take it off but couldn't and left it cuz my oil was really dirty! Only now I started to build up oil in my catch can too! Even how accessible the filter is located it was pain to take it off!! :motz:

I actually put everything back on last night but didn't put in oil since I was waiting for the silicone to cure but it was bothering about the stripped threads so I took it all apart today and tapped it now it's nice and snug. Just finger tighten it didn't wanna strip it again I don't have in/ft lb torque wrench only foot lbs lol but I think it should b fine. Well I hope!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
This makes me really want to install and oil temp gauge.

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
I didn't put oil in until this morning but I had to go work so I didn't get a chance to check the dip stick but I just put in 7 qts I'll check it later when I get home today

This makes me really want to install and oil temp gauge.

I'm thinking to install a pressure gauge since I already have a gauge just need the sending unit tho

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
This morning I let the truck warm up and felt the oil filter getting warm so I know the oil is at least flowing threw the motor.. I drove it to work and everything seems fine no oil leaks no oil light :smile: felt the cooler and it was pretty warm and good to know the cooler is doing its job :rockon: I checked my dip stick when I got home and it was 1/4 above the bottom dot so I added about 3/4 of a qt and now on the dip stick it's 1/8 above the top dot. But I think it should b fine

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Better a tad high, than low. Especially with the shallow oil pan.

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Nice build man, any chance you have the links to the oil cooler?

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
Nice build man, any chance you have the links to the oil cooler?

Thanks! But sorry I don't, I actually bought this oil cooler for my turbo civic since it's still all apart I decided to put it in my truck lol. You can just get any oil cooler and make it fit. I had to buy a lot of extra fittings trying to see what would be the best way the route the hoses.

Looking good man. Install my stuff for me while I'm at work.

Lmk I can help just buy the beer and poke lol

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
So I finally replaced my crappy clear hose with some Gates high temp power steering hose. But I like they look of the clear hose better than black ones :thumbdown: so I decided to get them some color

I rather have a simple clean look but the black hoses wasn't cutting it lol

I also went to check out the local streets this past weekend and had some runs with I raced a gti, g35, srt8 challenger, Evo, corvette :rofl:, si coupe, cobalt ss lol I'll try get some vids up. Only got of the Evo and vette tho but it was fun :top:

Last edited:

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
My runs from this past weekend

With an Evo

With a corvette LSnation

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
My stock tires are getting bald so I'm trying to get my Hre wheel set up for my truck. I had these wheels from my Lexus but I kept it since these are my dream wheels. Right now it's 19's but I'll rebarrel them to 20's

On my Lexus

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Would look killer with a red TRD logo on that cooler. :top:

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
Would look killer with a red TRD logo on that cooler. :top:

Yea I thought about doing that but my license plate frame already has TRD on it. Maybe I'll change the frame and put the TRD logo :smile:

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
Finally got my barrels

Took my wheels apart

Gonna powder coat the face to make it like new. Just a teaser

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Damn, those wheels make me envious. :top:

68vert

Reaction score
Sweet build. Those wheels were sick on the IS. Gonna look great on the X-runner as well.

Just curious, is it expensive to get wheels rebarreled? Come across some nice used wheels for my 68 project but the offset is always wrong.....

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
Sweet build. Those wheels were sick on the IS. Gonna look great on the X-runner as well.

Just curious, is it expensive to get wheels rebarreled? Come across some nice used wheels for my 68 project but the offset is always wrong.....

Thanks bro just waiting for it to be finish powder coated I chose the same color as the stock wheels. But it depends where you get it but it's around 200-250 for polish lips and 180-200 for inner barrels

Top Bottom