Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

After almost a year of lurking and several months of ownership wanted to say hello!

BlackMarket

Reaction score
Just wanted to start off by saying how grateful I am there is such a knowledgeable and passionate community for these trucks as they certainly deserve it! I have been reading through hundreds (maybe a thousand by now) of posts over the past year on this forum every since I had started seriously considering X ownership. Finally after a serendipitous meeting with a fellow forum member here on my way home from work at a local convenience store I had decided it was time to get serious about buying an X! After Chris (can't remember his forum name) showed me around his BSP '06 I was hooked! I finally pulled the trigger on an '06 BSP of my own back in late February of this year. Had to drive to Long Island, NY to pick it up and as if dealing with NY traffic (I'm from the country) wasn't bad enough in a vehicle I wasn't familiar with, we had biblical rains (Read 6-10" standing water on the highway, apparently long island floods easily-go figure) for hours on the way back to deal with as well. But after the skys cleared and waters receded the next day, one hard run down my local race track...errr, I mean local "state highway" PA 425, it was all worth it!!! First time I felt 6lbs of boost on a dry road hook up through a well banked 180 degree turn I found it hard to believe I went this long not having an X-Runner. I have used a 1990 Toyota 22R single cab as my work truck / runaround / kayak hauler / moving van / daily driver backup for over 8 years! Love that truck to death and Im not sure I can bring myself to sell it even now but it just sits now that I have the X. I have a used motorcycle & ATV dealership and bought this as a work / play truck and I can honestly say it does great hauling bikes and is much better at playing! :rockon: Just wanted to officially say hi to the community after getting so much helpful info off of here and in person from several of the members here (Yardie, Coupe, Gadget, my buddy Chris) to name a few. Looking forward to years of happy ownership, if I have time I will start a build thread soon as I have already done a TON of preventative maintenance and would like to help the site continue to thrive even though alot of the original members have probably long since sold their trucks by now.

nick_gz1

Reaction score
Long overdue it sounds like, but you got it now! Congrats and welcome to XRU!

fishsticks

Because fast lifted truck.
Reaction score
Welcome. :top:

Solid axle that 90 and turn it into an adventure rig.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the underground... It's about time! :top:

BlackMarket

Reaction score
I am from the York / Lancaster PA area, and my 22R is 2wd not 4wd so the solid axle swap wouldn't help it much :laugh: Its more of the grandfather of the X-Runner than an adventure rig.

fishsticks

Because fast lifted truck.
Reaction score
I am from the York / Lancaster PA area, and my 22R is 2wd not 4wd so the solid axle swap wouldn't help it much :laugh: Its more of the grandfather of the X-Runner than an adventure rig.

2WD frames are the BEST for doing solid axle swaps/4WD conversions. The frame curves up a bit farther than the 4WD ones do in front for better axle/steering clearance. :top:

To each their own though.

Top Bottom