Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My emblem always chips

BoominTaco

Reaction score
I painted my emblem a while back. I use krylon fusion paint for plastics but for some reason i always chips due to rock from the cars in front of me.. Anybody know what is the best way to paint it, so it doesn't chip as much or at all.:biggrin:

rich017

Reaction score
I used krylon fusion and didnt even sand it. 8 months later and not one chip

Grumpy

Reaction score
I use two-part epoxy primer, PPG DP90. 18k miles later, not one chip.

blazinx

Reaction score
i used ppg gray sealer and then ppg paint oem matched and then clear and 20k later no chips

YotaFab

Reaction score
did u scuff it with a scotch birght pad before painting? a clear coat will help as well

RedXr

Reaction score
no worries dude. I have sanded mine down, primered and painted and painted and painted that damn thing and it always chips. Good thing its easy to take off:top:

X-Runnin

Reaction score
no worries dude. I have sanded mine down, primered and painted and painted and painted that damn thing and it always chips. Good thing its easy to take off:top:

same here, when it gets a chip I just sand it down and put 2 or 3 new coats on. this will usually last a few months atleast

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score
you can put a clear lacquer on it after painting for better protection:top:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm with the crew... mine chips too. I just pop it out and spray a couple new light coats on once a year and call it day.

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
Just use a black sharpies and marked over the chip area, you wont know the difference....

vinnieb0i

Reaction score
Just use a black sharpies and marked over the chip area, you wont know the difference....

Can't believe I never thought of that. I just walk pass my it and go, crap a new chip, o wells. Too lazy to repaint, but marker seems like an idea.

trd_sport

Reaction score
Can't believe I never thought of that. I just walk pass my it and go, crap a new chip, o wells. Too lazy to repaint, but marker seems like an idea.
just do it right and use clearcoat.:top:

vinnieb0i

Reaction score
just do it right and use clearcoat.:top:

Too lazy. . . .I have a sharpie in my schoolbag, I'll do it later tonight. See if i wanted to clearcoat and do it right. I would have to buy some primer, some sandpaper, some clear and some black paint. thats like 20+ dollars and time.

trd_sport

Reaction score
Too lazy. . . .I have a sharpie in my schoolbag, I'll do it later tonight. See if i wanted to clearcoat and do it right. I would have to buy some primer, some sandpaper, some clear and some black paint. thats like 20+ dollars and time.
:dontknow:post pics so we can all see how it turns out and can I borrow that sharpie I need to do some custom pinpinstripes.

X-Runnin

Reaction score
I'm going to have to break out the sharpie for the fender paint chips :laugh:

Top Bottom