Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sleeving the engine block

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
when you say start from scratch do you mean before boost? or like brand new truck 25 miles on the engine strip it and rebuild it?? is that 2200 include pistons and rods??

madtrucker

Reaction score
I think he means starting w/ the block & having it sleeved. Then the rest is up to you & your wallet.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
What I mean specifically, is that I already had forged internals, before getting the sleeves installed. So unless I want to again buy different pistons, i am stuck with the bore size that matches these pistons.

Had I gone with sleeves first, I would then have had the flexibility to choose the bore that I want, and a piston to match.

The cost of $2200 is only to purchase, and to have the sleeves installed.

Internals are additional. www.lceperformance.com

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
okay and i take it that shipping a block is probly expensive?? is there any place on the east coast that anyone knows of??

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
There should be plenty of places on the East Coast. Mine is currently at Darton East.

However, one cool feature about LCE, is that you can have them build a block for you, and get a core return when you ship yours back to them.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
What you lack in size you can make up in rpm. At least that's what she tells me.

:crinklehair: Certainly a true statement. Lol. However, in my engine's particular case, that shall be noticed by more boost. :D

How much we talking to get a 4.3liter from LCE?

I might be interested...

They already can do the work to add pistons that are .020 over stock. You can straight up buy the pistons like that, right off of their website, that I previously posted, for the 1gr. I would definitely have them do the work though.

Those pistons are the same price as the factory bore pistons. About $900 uncoated. CP Pistons.

Last edited:

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
when you do this does it have an effect on the over all life of the engine, like will thing be more prone to breaking and such??

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
It will prolong the life of the engine.

madtrucker

Reaction score
A good solid bottom end would go good w/ them sleeves. Steel crank, titanium rods, raise the rev limit, make that puppy spin.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I don't have titanium rods, but i do have everything else forged. That with the upper end already done. 7 -8 grand isn't iut of the question, based ofc or those components. The oil pump might certainly disagree though. ;)

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Only if you are planning on, first, building the engine, and second, raising the rev limiter much higher than stock.

Then, you would have find someone that can make and oil pump for our engine. Also, you would need to find out where the rpm point is that the factory pump starts to cavitate the oil. I do not know. I do not know any place that has published findings of that answer, as well. Going past 6200 for any sustained period of time, is at your own risk. Until findings have been brought forth.

madtrucker

Reaction score
Torspd said:
Well, I don't have titanium rods, but i do have everything else forged. That with the upper end already done. 7 -8 grand isn't iut of the question, based ofc or those components. The oil pump might certainly disagree though. ;)

Man you are out on the bleeding edge. I wish i could go all balls on 1 of these 1gr motors.

Gunslinger

Reaction score
My heart bleeds for you G. I started this thread roughly half an hour ago to see a monster in the making. Torspd,your efforts are worthy of praise,as is G's patience. I still can't wait to see what this turns into.

And for those who have pulled the engine/motor question.

An engine or motor is a machine designed to convert energy into useful mechanical motion. Heat engines, including internal combustion engines and external combustion engines (such as steam engines) burn a fuel to create heat which is then used to create motion. Electric motors convert electrical energy into mechanical motion, pneumatic motors use compressed air to the same effect.

Engine= gasoline,diesel,propane,cng ( something that can be powered by burning a fuel )

Motor=electric or air powered

Class dismissed.

Moneyblind

Reaction score
You know what is a hard decision for me right now; Deciding whether or not to build the 1gr, and take it to the limits like G or torspd (I can never catch them with the money I have) If I do that, then I must decide to go URD Supercharger, or custom turbo (I like the turbo Idea honestly, but that URD kit......makes me wet)

ORRRRRRRRRR.....

Do a 2JZ Swap, which will be a front runner in the newer body taco world, but really....a 2JZ is really predictable...lol...

Decisions Decisions...or maybe just all dreams? You never know.

Toon714

Reaction score
If I can go back in time and didnt go trd s/c than front mount turbo.
I would of just dropped a 2jz and call it a day. :)

triumphx

Reaction score
A ls1 would be much cheaper...and make just as much power with less boost headaches. If still not enough then boost the ls1. Man, i really do see a ls1 in my future

Top Bottom