Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LS2 swap

kwigs160966

Reaction score
The ls swap has been done so many times that the amount of information it there can solve all the wiring issues. There are aftermarket harness or you can do like I did and go through it one at a time and modify the factory harness from the donor car. It didn't take to long and is an excellent way to get a good grasp on how everything works. The engine is actually very simple as far as the wiring harness goes. It takes some time to figure out all the external connections though. But just one circuit at a time

iniazy

Reaction score
I wouldn't know where to start on a swap of any kind. How do u get the wireing harness to work together and all the instruments on the inside still work. All that wiring scares the shit out of me. I'd love to do a 2jz swap or a ls either one. I like both platforms. It's all about the money tho. If I had unlimited $$$ I'd go with a 2jz and let a shop do it.

I've done a swap, but it was a Carburetor engine into a carbbed vehicle, so it was very simple, and the original vehicle harness almost matched the new engine, all standard blade connectors, no special plugs.

The vehicle is a Suzuki Samurai and the engine is a VG30 V6 from Nissan, which comes carburetted from the factory in our region.

Doublld

Reaction score
I've done a swap, but it was a Carburetor engine into a carbbed vehicle, so it was very simple, and the original vehicle harness almost matched the new engine, all standard blade connectors, no special plugs.

The vehicle is a Suzuki Samurai and the engine is a VG30 V6 from Nissan, which comes carburetted from the factory in our region.

i did a chevy v6 swap into a samurai which was alot of fun

iniazy

Reaction score
i did a chevy v6 swap into a samurai which was alot of fun

Yeah that I know many have done. But the Chevy V6 is a 4.3L, and is much larger physically than the Nissan's VG30. It is actually a chopped 350 Small block.

Sorry for hijacking the thread :adore:

kwigs160966

Reaction score
Re-working and rebuilding the t56 with new syncros. And notice the quick time bell housing SFI rated (blow proof) so if the clutch ever lets go I won't loose my feet. I still have yet to choose a clutch option. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 238

kwigs160966

Reaction score
Motor is almost all put back together. I removed some of the accs to re-paint then more to my liking.

Also got new fuel rail covers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 235

kwigs160966

Reaction score
Waiting on parts and funds now. Motor mounts are here and I have been shaving the wires from the engine bay. Once all the trans parts come in I will re-assemble it. But for now I will focus on he engine bay and will likely sand it and re-paint it.

Doublld

Reaction score
i would get a mcleod clutch there are the best

fuseaku

Reaction score
Dude it's looking awesome!!! This is eventually what I want to do with mine... gonna do a write up? lol

Also, is this going to be a 6 speed as well?

shane881510

Reaction score
I detailed write up how u did the wiring harness would be great. Pictures in all.

kwigs160966

Reaction score
Dude it's looking awesome!!! This is eventually what I want to do with mine... gonna do a write up? lol

Also, is this going to be a 6 speed as well?

Yeah the thread will kind of be my write up I guess I will try and throw any important info in as I go.

And yes it's going to be a 6 speed. I took the corvette t56 and re worked it to make it a Gto t56. The difference between the ctsv, Gto and Bette transmissions is that they have a three piece syncro assembly for first and second and two piece for all other gears. The f-body main shaft isn't big enough to accept the three piece syncros. The three pieces are good for 8000 rpm shifting

kwigs160966

Reaction score
So I am just waiting for a couple other pieces to re-assemble the transmission. I just got it back from being powder coated satin black. Also have a lot of the wiring all sorted just need to stay tying it in. The engine bay has been repainted and I have shaved probably 75 percent of the wiring from it.

Any tips on uploading the photos from photo bucket? I just opened an account.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Select the line titled "Image". From there, copy and paste.

If doing it from your phone. I believe it is the same from the computer.

Top Bottom