Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Aluminum Tailgate Spoiler - GB Ended

easts1d3

Reaction score
Welcome to Strictly Street!

Aluminum Tailgate Spoilers

I will be starting a Group Buy to kick off this product which ends May 25,2015

1-10
$300 US + shipping

11-15
$280 US + shipping

16-20
$260 US + shipping

A deposit of $100 will be required
Allow 2-3 weeks when GB ends for manufacturing

Please add your name to this list if you are interested

1. Torspd - Option 2: shortie (Deposit received)
2. 05TACOMAXRUNNER - Option 2: shortie. (Deposit received)
3. lamia2super - option 1: race (Deposit received)
4. Life Alert - option 2: shortie (Deposit received)

Option 1.
Race truck

Option 2.
Shorty

Each spoiler is made from 1/8" aluminum, each weld is done with a tig and the ends are blended smooth. The finish is a powder coat and is standard. Stainless steel flat head cap screws are supplied along with riv nuts. Drilling into the tailgate and plastic tailgate cover is required to install. The riv nuts can be installed without a threaded rivet gun but it is a recommended tool.

Last edited:

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Aluminium is tricky to weld. I have a TIG welder at home and did some holders for the quads(ATV). Nice work:top:

lamia2super

Reaction score
Nice ! Depending how much my paycheck is next month I will be in for option race truck

x-runner kid

Reaction score
How do these look with the tailgate down? Just wondering since I use my truck to haul quads and dirtbikes often.

KrazyIvan

Reaction score
Hot daymn! Soo much for my intention not to mod the truck...first the new bigger brakes vendor and now this...aaarrggh LOL

Once the GB gets under way, at which point will the deposit be required? Before GB ends? Right away to secure a spot? Etc...just trying to budget out in advance.

The only hard choice will be between the two options LOL

easts1d3

Reaction score
How do these look with the tailgate down? Just wondering since I use my truck to haul quads and dirtbikes often.

Here is a picture of how the spoiler is mounted

Dont mind the dirt! Its been raining all week

easts1d3

Reaction score
Hot daymn! Soo much for my intention not to mod the truck...first the new bigger brakes vendor and now this...aaarrggh LOL

Once the GB gets under way, at which point will the deposit be required? Before GB ends? Right away to secure a spot? Etc...just trying to budget out in advance.

The only hard choice will be between the two options LOL

The deposit will be required BEFORE the end of the group buy before i start manufacturing your spoiler :top:

If you are interested shoot me a pm

x-runner kid

Reaction score
I like it just wish it had a little more angle to it so it wouldn't interfere with the loading ramps I use.

easts1d3

Reaction score
I like it just wish it had a little more angle to it so it wouldn't interfere with the loading ramps I use.

It honestly takes 30 seconds to remove

It just takes an hex key to remove 7 screws

lamia2super

Reaction score

i have some ramps too and i don't believe you would've been able to use them even if it was more angled

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Too bad no one close by has one that I could try it out on. Would hate to spend money on something I can't use. I'll keep a close eye on this for sure. Looks like a great product. Can't wait to see more of them around.

STONER-X

Reaction score
Guys don't forget our tailgate is removable! !!!!!

I happen to have the plastic TRD spoiler and haul a 4 wheeler.... every time I do so I remove the tailgate and store it in my garage. .. or if needed it does fit behind the front seats.. Our tailgate is thin and weak so loading up it is not recommended anyway.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Good point, ill keep that in mind when i haul my 4 wheeler next week

x-runner kid

Reaction score
That's a good point I just worry about being clumsy and dropping it or hurting it when it's not on the truck. Plus I neeed that extra bit of flat since my bike is not the smallest quad out there. I have to pick up the front of the bike to get the front tires over the wheel arches but still a good point. I like the way that shorty wing looks

easts1d3

Reaction score
so what benefit would this have, or just looks? I gots a PreRunner....

At high speeds it would create downforce.. As for how much downforce it creates, im not quite sure since i dont have any wind tunnel testing haha

It does add structural rigidity to your tailgate minimizing bending when loading bikes into the bed

Not to mention it looks bad ass! :top:

Reaction score
At high speeds it would create downforce.. As for how much downforce it creates, im not quite sure since i dont have any wind tunnel testing haha

It does add structural rigidity to your tailgate minimizing bending when loading bikes into the bed

Not to mention it looks bad ass! :top:
after I get the hp I want, this would go great.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Im more into corners and suspension. Horsepower isnt everything. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

Top Bottom