Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Safety Check

exit8

Reaction score
Okay I dont know if this is a dumb question but if I have hids can you pass a safety check? If not can you just replace the hid bulb with a stock bulb?

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
I most certainly don't see why not! As long as your headlights are adjusted properly, I see HIDs as being a safer alternative to stock headlights. :top: I would google Hawaii road laws before hand, however. Some states are ignorant. :top:

xXLuckyiAMXx07

Reaction score
I most certainly don't see why not! As long as your headlights are adjusted properly, I see HIDs as being a safer alternative to stock headlights. :top: I would google Hawaii road laws before hand, however. Some states are ignorant. :top:

:dito: yeah what he said...

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
I doubt it. In most states, if they didn't come on the car from the dealer (factory spec), then they are illegal.:thumpdown:

Last edited:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
the only island that enforces HID laws is O'ahu and only if they aren't adjusted properly. technically any bulb or HID kit that is added to the vehicle that didn't come stock is illegal...:stupid: but I would rather have HID and/or HID Projectors than stock any day...:top:

exit8

Reaction score
okay so they are illegal but can I just change the bulb before I get it inspected or do I have to mess with the kit. Cause I dont know nothing about that kind of stuff

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
put the stock ones back on, it won't pass safety boolay unless it came with it from the factory........

speed_raca7

Reaction score
Id just put the stockers back on for safety and switch it out after. Ive been asked to test high beam. and unless theyre bi-xenons or hi/lo then u might have sum problems. Also ive been asked about the color

808_xrunner

Reaction score
i just had to do my safety check and i just took my hids out and put the stockers back on to be on the safe side then switched it back out.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
You won't pass. And just cause cars come with them now, they aren't street legal unless the dealer includes them on the car. Plus people just install them and don't aim them. Another problem is people get 8000k and about which is totally not OEM. OEM usually runs from 4300k.

My point, put the stocks back in.

Top Bottom