Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

4 liter turbo mustang

Prise

Reaction score
I like the new look and size, unsure about the tiny headlights up front though

Edgeman

Reaction score
They'll sell far more turbo-4 Stangs than all other Stangs combined.

A Mustang with a IRS - almost like NASCAR finally going fuel injection...lol

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
If it ain't got no ford 9in than it ain't no muscle kar.........

chatt x

Reaction score
So they took the mid eighties super chicken, gutted it and changed the looks, and added an IRS. Pure genius! They will sell millions of them!

justin13703

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm gonna catch a lot of crap for this, but I'm glad they finally started going to the IRS setup. And yes a 4cyl mustang sounds crazy, but the fact they said it has forged rods and pistons might let it actually hold some power

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
ROFL a lot of higher power cobra guys tore that IRS out to go SRA will....

I like my modern SRA car :) its a dying/dead breed - people like to knock it for handling but its easy to make them handle pretty damn good (look at the Boss 302), they hold power/are cheap to mod, and are available everywhere (thus why i put an 8.8 in my wrangler).

The 8.8 can hold quite a bit of power as well with minimal expense.

IMO 4 banger - buy a Hon duh or a Scoobydoo.

Last edited:

Edgeman

Reaction score

I like my modern SRA car :) its a dying/dead breed - people like to knock it for handling but its easy to make them handle pretty damn good (look at the Boss 302), they hold power/are cheap to mod, and are available everywhere (thus why i put an 8.8 in my wrangler).

The 8.8 can hold quite a bit of power as well with minimal expense.

IMO 4 banger - buy a Hon duh or a Scoobydoo.

So, how do you like your SRA when going around a curve on uneven pavement? My X makes me a little nervous when the back end starts bouncing around on that crap. But as long as you can drive on perfectly smooth pavement, SRA is OK in my book.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
So, how do you like your SRA when going around a curve on uneven pavement? My X makes me a little nervous when the back end starts bouncing around on that crap. But as long as you can drive on perfectly smooth pavement, SRA is OK in my book.

The SRA in the mustang is very well mannered on average good condition/ok roads. I feel that id be hard pressed to tell the difference between an IRS or SRA rear on reasonable roads (especially on a nice track).

If the roads are absolute shit and extremely bumpy then the SRA mannerisms start to show their colors, however suspension upgrades are quite cheap for this car and really tame it down.

On stock suspension wheel hop is extremely low compared to the XR, with a few cheap aftermarket links its almost non existent.

There is no comparison between the XR SRA characteristics & the Mustangs; the mustang is much more refined.

Id go as far as saying that the Mustang SRA feels like what I imagine IRS would on the XR.

For a high power street car IMO the advantages of a SRA outweigh the disadvantages.

It really is a nice handling car on "ok-good" roads, not sure id enjoy the shit roads ive been down in an IRS car either lol.

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Psh show off all day long.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq-w7lgtwsU[/ame]

Super Werty

Reaction score

Higher power as in how much? I would argue the IRS it came with is fully capable of handling tons of power. but..that wasn't the argument anyways, my point is that the 03-04 cobra is one of the best muscle cars ever made and it had IRS.

Plenty of idiots on the road. IRS or SRA...doesnt matter.... that guy would have still crashed:laugh:

Top Bottom