Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New to xr underground - 2012 Tacoma Prerunner

Redline

Reaction score
Hello brother!!! Fellow Lexus Tech (fancy plastic toyota) tech here down here in San Diego. Only senior level at this time. Bad ass truck you got there man! I'd love to check it out some time. 11.5 psi is **** ton for a TRD would love to see what it does.:rockon:

x2 ^^^^^^^^^^^^ I would love to see how that thing moves. Im like 45 min east of LA :top:

Toyota Tech

Reaction score
Slow shifts will cause you to bounce of the rev limiter. If your bouncing off the rev limiter your probably wide open throttle, so its rich while your wide open, then it hits fuel cut at the rev limiter allowing a lean mixture into the exhaust. Now you have your rich mixture from WOT with your lean from the rev limiter, and bang. At least this is my understanding- someone correct me if im wrong.

Pm sent to the two guys near me.

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Slow shifts, late shifts, or bouncing off of the rev limiter. First time mine back-fired after my new tune, at 549 wtq, damn near made me pinch a hole in my seat. It was so loud. Hit the rev limiter more quickly than expected.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I'd back fire all the time on my old TRD set up, with the stack it made for one helluva flame thrower, especially revlimiter bashing during a night event. :rockon:

Jerez

Reaction score
Welcome OP
Would also like to check out your truck!!

Toyota Tech,
Like most Pre-runners are you running taller tires? If so I have Toyota 3rd member Toyota calls it an 8", aftermarket calls it an 8.4". With about 9k on it w/ 4.10 R&P's, for that last bit of get up & go.
It was way to low for the 2.7L 5 lug I had it in w/ street rubber. :stupid:

AZ

Actually the trd offroad a have a 8 in. Diff (prerunner or 4x4) the trd sport sr5 base etc 6 lug has a 8.4 diff which yea technically is better for aftermarket accommodations

Top Bottom