Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD COld air with Volant Scoop

30Birdy

Reaction score
Anyone modify the URD Stage 2 intake and add the Volant air intake scoop? I think that would be the all around best intake.

justin13703

Reaction score
I think you're talking about the afe stage 2 intake, there's no such thing as a URD stage 2 intake. But yes a few people have done that. I'd post links but I'm on my phone.

30Birdy

Reaction score
I like the AFE intake better, especially since it throws less codes or chance of rich MAF calibration. Mising the 2 seems like the best of both worlds. How does the Volant connect to the front face of the AFE air box?

justin13703

Reaction score
Everyone has their own opinion but I think the URD intake is the best one you can get. Never heard of it causing check engine lights. Very simple and effective, and draws air from the coolest point possible. No mixing of different intakes creating a bunch of points for leaks or failures. And it sounds sweet.

If I remember right isn't the afe stage 2 notorious for making engines run crazy lean? I thought that's why the 1st gen is so sought after.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
The volant intake had its issue for the 2005 -2011 but the redesign for 2012 got rid of all those issues, ran my volant for a year and was very happy and didn't t not have any issues, highly recommend, for what you get it a cheaper alternative and you get the ram air scoop. The only thing I hated was the cheap ugly cover and Coupe solved that one for me. It's worth a look. I will day if it did care about cutting the truck up to get the URD intake I would have done that in a heart beat.

justin13703

Reaction score
The volant intake had its issue for the 2005 -2011 but the redesign for 2012 got rid of all those issues, ran my volant for a year and was very happy and didn't t not have any issues, highly recommend, for what you get it a cheaper alternative and you get the ram air scoop. The only thing I hated was the cheap ugly cover and Coupe solved that one for me. It's worth a look. I will day if it did care about cutting the truck up to get the URD intake I would have done that in a heart beat.

Yeah I was talking about the afe though. I thought it caused a lean condition with the 2nd gen intakes.

And isn't cutting into your truck the best part lol? Really though the cut you have to make for the URD intake is nothing to be afraid of.

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
URD stage II haha i was like WTF, imagining the URD with the volant scoop LMAO

Lord Helmet

Reaction score
Yeah I was talking about the afe though. I thought it caused a lean condition with the 2nd gen intakes.

And isn't cutting into your truck the best part lol? Really though the cut you have to make for the URD intake is nothing to be afraid of.

It's the 2nd gen TRD intake that is causing the lean conditions and not the AFE. The AFE is pretty much the 1st gen TRD intake. Like others have said before the volant did have issues with their intake but supposedly it is fixed.

Gadget

Reaction score
No, the only fix for the Volant is the URD MAF Sensor Calibrator.

The newer one for the 2012+ trucks is just not as jacked up. Gives a whopping 4 RWHP gain instead of a 15 RWHP loss.

G

hrspwr236

Reaction score
No, the only fix for the Volant is the URD MAF Sensor Calibrator.

The newer one for the 2012+ trucks is just not as jacked up. Gives a whopping 4 RWHP gain instead of a 15 RWHP loss.

G

G, I thought when you dunked it was like 7 or 9 hp gain?

Top Bottom