Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Looking for good bodyshop

o0opackersfano0o

Reaction score
Looking for a good bodyshop in southern Maine or nh. Wanna get some body kit pieces redone and my hood and tailgate painted. I'm very picky and want the job done perfect. Just seeing if anyone had any recommendations. I plan on getting it done this winter.

nick_gz1

Reaction score
If you want to go real nice my cousin is in PA and he specializes in right hand drive mods!:adore:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Not a lot of northeast XRs so the likelyhood of a recommendation that's going to be close by is unlikely. I've only dealt with two bodyshops in NH. Both in Manchester. Henry's Autobody and Prestige Autobody. Both great, very reputable, but I imagine that's farther than you're looking to go.

Reaction score
Be careful who does it, when my truck got repaired when I wrecked it, they screwed it up, 3 times. There is a nice gap where the bumper, grill, quaterpanel,and headlight meet. After the 3rd time getting it back, I said screw it, I'll live with it (coming from a guy who hand washes the truck every week). I am still pissed off to this day.

o0opackersfano0o

Reaction score
Ya that's what I'm afraid of. I think I might take off the parts I want painted. That way I can put them back on the proper way.

markgt531

Reaction score
Be careful who does it, when my truck got repaired when I wrecked it, they screwed it up, 3 times. There is a nice gap where the bumper, grill, quaterpanel,and headlight meet. After the 3rd time getting it back, I said screw it, I'll live with it (coming from a guy who hand washes the truck every week). I am still pissed off to this day.

I hear ya!! i agree ^^^^ shop that did mine after my accident literally used screws to hold up the front aero lip and my bed is off to one side soo obvious. I stared at the screw being very visible when i picked up the truck and they guy said we can redo it if youd like (i was soo pissed!) i said to myself well if u actually used a screw to hold up that front lip then there is no way im leaving my truck even for another se or min at this shop ... good luck with yours keep a close eye on everything if any take pic or compare how it should look like spacing wise and all

Reaction score
I hear ya!! i agree ^^^^ shop that did mine after my accident literally used screws to hold up the front aero lip and my bed is off to one side soo obvious. I stared at the screw being very visible when i picked up the truck and they guy said we can redo it if youd like (i was soo pissed!) i said to myself well if u actually used a screw to hold up that front lip then there is no way im leaving my truck even for another se or min at this shop ... good luck with yours keep a close eye on everything if any take pic or compare how it should look like spacing wise and all

Well insurance didn't give a shit since it was their shop, they called it quality work, I said FO. They do give me a break on my rates since they ****ed up so bad.

markgt531

Reaction score
Well insurance didn't give a shit since it was their shop, they called it quality work, I said FO. They do give me a break on my rates since they ****ed up so bad.

well least they gave you a break, i forgot to mention this shop was not from one of the choices from my insurance it was actually a recommended shop where my friends use to work and his boss told me about it. I guess you cant even take other ppls word lol jus horrible job, i dont even kno how these type of ppl do business. eh live n learn

Reaction score
My uncle says it's an art, and unless you know a body shop that knows the art, they all suck.

Top Bottom