Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRD BBK

Izhr818

Reaction score
Good morning ladies and gents,

Today. I tried going to a shop to change my rotors and brake pads. FIRESTONE qoted me 375.00, but instead I went to a shop (2K Racing) that's an expert on aftermarket parts. The guy looked at my truck and said that my ROTORS are the "DOUBLE TYPE" "SLOTTED" rotors which are huge in comparison to a regular Tacoma rotors and he called me back and said that for parts and labor. the best thing he can do is $1175.00
I guess my question is, am I getting a good deal?
I did not know that the damn rotors are so expensive with the TRD BBK.
Thank you in advance, and other ideas are welcome too.

Respectfully,
Izzy

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Rotors and pads are extremely easy to change yourself. I have never quoted the parts for the BBK, but that soulds like a BOATLOAD......

Izhr818

Reaction score
I just called a different shop and they said that the only thing that I need to replace is the AERO RING AND BRAKE PADS. WTF is an AERO ring?! I understand the brake pads.
I hope someone can help me out on this before I lose my F#$&*% mind.

Last edited:

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Trd has rebuild ble rotors. By aero ring they mean the part of the rotor that the brake pads presses against.

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Give stop tech a call, I'm sure they'll be able to tell you the parts nubers

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Give stop tech a call, I'm sure they'll be able to tell you the parts nubers

Why didn't I think of that :dontknow:? I guess I'm starting to lose my touch....:dito: In case you didn't know, Stoptech made the TRD BBK.

flipboikev

RamRod Parts
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a bracket that uses the Tacoma 4 piston caliper and rotor to the xrunner? I know there is a kit that uses a Tundra caliper and IS-F rotor, but the rotor and caliper doesn't fit my 18" wheel. Also conserdering that bracket cost $400....

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a bracket that uses the Tacoma 4 piston caliper and rotor to the xrunner? I know there is a kit that uses a Tundra caliper and IS-F rotor, but the rotor and caliper doesn't fit my 18" wheel. Also conserdering that bracket cost $400....

It shouldn't fit the stock 18" wheels unless u have another one with different offsets

Coupe

Reaction score
Stock wheel is 8" wide w +30mm offset.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, the TRD BBK does fit behind the stock X-Runner wheels. The Performance Brake Unlimited kit, with the BAT Bracket, requires modification to the tundra calipers in order for it to clear.

flipboikev

RamRod Parts
Reaction score
image.jpg

I'm developing a bracket that uses the 05-15 Tacoma 4 piston caliper. This is what I got so far... Anybody interested?

Last edited:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Just to clarify, the TRD BBK does fit behind the stock X-Runner wheels. The Performance Brake Unlimited kit, with the BAT Bracket, requires modification to the tundra calipers in order for it to clear.
Would spacers help or is it the diameter that's the problem?

HAMHAWK_JAY

Reaction score
Dude i would honestly source my own parts and do the job my self not hard at all to do

30Birdy

Reaction score
I wish they made the calipers in different colors like Brembo and Baer. I preferable to Blue. The Ones I had stripped and powder coated haven't stood the test of time well.

Well I think I just discovered they do.... I just wonder if they would fit our application? Anyone know?

Last edited:

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Actually they fit just fine with no modifications.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually they fit just fine with no modifications.
Interesting, that's not what Gilberto said when he was developing them. Maybe the brackets were further modified to eliminate the need for the caliper modifications.

Top Bottom