Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

djm to stock

x8x0x8x

Reaction score
Just bought a used xrunner with the djm kit and want to lift it back to stock height. What do I need? Noob problems

kwigs160966

Reaction score
You need both upper and lower control arms for left and right and probably ball joints while you are there.

To be honest though I would recommend getting a two inch block for the rear and coil overs for the front to make it a little higher. If I remember correctly it's cheaper than buying the control arms.

Phil Dammit

Reaction score
You need both upper and lower control arms for left and right and probably ball joints while you are there.

To be honest though I would recommend getting a two inch block for the rear and coil overs for the front to make it a little higher. If I remember correctly it's cheaper than buying the control arms.

That's what Id recommend. Get 2" lift up front and snag a 2" block for the rear or stock 5lug leafs for 1.5" of lift. Its cheaper and performance oriented to go that route.....

Coupe

Reaction score
He could just get stock height springs for the front from XII.

It would be cheaper than coil overs.

hrspwr236

Reaction score

Phil Dammit

Reaction score
Correct me if i am wrong but DJM uses stock height springs, it's the control arm that provides the drop. Stock control arms would be required to bring back to stock height? Maybe someone locally wants to swap?

See link
http://djmsuspension.com/applications/toyota/2005-2011-toyota-tacoma/

Someone could have added drop springs to get more drop

This, you're right unless he has sittin sic or XII Perf drop springs, but his post state DJM arms. If you decide to sell the DJM's most go used for around 2-300 bucks with just the arms. Then the hassle of acquiring new arms...

x8x0x8x

Reaction score
That's what Id recommend. Get 2" lift up front and snag a 2" block for the rear or stock 5lug leafs for 1.5" of lift. Its cheaper and performance oriented to go that route.....

So with the djm upper and lower control arms I can just get the coilovers to bring it up 2" and just switch out the 4" blocks for a smaller block in the rear?

hrspwr236

Reaction score
So with the djm upper and lower control arms I can just get the coilovers to bring it up 2" and just switch out the 4" blocks for a smaller block in the rear?

Coilovers will drop your truck more unless you spend 900 bucks to sit full ride height and not solve your problems. Your best bet will be to swap control arms, you keep your stock Struts and springs. Remove the blocks completely no swapping unless you want to go with a 2" drop all around then you will need coilovers or drop springs.

x8x0x8x

Reaction score
Coilovers will drop your truck more unless you spend 900 bucks to sit full ride height and not solve your problems. Your best bet will be to swap control arms, you keep your stock Struts and springs. Remove the blocks completely no swapping unless you want to go with a 2" drop all around then you will need coilovers or drop springs.

Thanks for the help I'm gonna purchase stock control arms. but if I wanted to is there a way that I can just lift it up 2"?

Last edited:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Thanks for the help I'm gonna purchase stock control arms. but if I wanted to is there a way that I can just lift it up 2"?

No sorry, not with DJM, you should already be using stock Struts and springs, not sure if the 4x4 Struts and springs will work and be compatible with the DJM arms?

x8x0x8x

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a deal for stock upper and lower control arms?

XTINCT_yota

Reaction score
I would swap with you, but I'm not too sure if a '14 would be able to swap parts with your truck. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I kinda want to go DJM actually!! :blurock:

kwigs160966

Reaction score

I just installed coil overs on my djm truck and increased the ride height in the front an inch. Coil overs won't drop the truck any more unless you choose to set them lower.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I would swap with you, but I'm not too sure if a '14 would be able to swap parts with your truck. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I kinda want to go DJM actually!! :blurock:

Should be no change at all.

I just installed coil overs on my djm truck and increased the ride height in the front an inch. Coil overs won't drop the truck any more unless you choose to set them lower.

That is interesting, technically should be stock height to 2" drop.

RudyB0y

Reaction score
I got stock control arms if you still looking lmk I'm from Hawaii too

Top Bottom