Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Gen 1 TRD CAI on a 2014

Superloki24

Reaction score
I spent my Canada Day working on the X and I finally put my old TRD CAI intake on the new X. It required a bit of persuasion but it does fit and it looks pretty good. The Coupe cover really makes it stand out though.

The biggest issue was of course the air pump. I relocated it in front of the power steering reservoir and it fits right in there. I had to fab up some aluminum brackets to hold it in place as I really didn't want to spend the money on the Air Raid bracket. The harness was made longer by about 12". The other main issue was the location of the A/C lines. They had to be moved so that they laid side by side rather than vertical. To get the air box to fit I had to use some stand offs about 3/8" high under the air box before bolting it down.

It was a late night so I didn't get too many photos but here is what I managed to get....

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 151
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 148
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 133

easts1d3

Reaction score
Looks good! The mod list continues to grow!

Gadget

Reaction score
Very nice!!!

You just picked up a very solid 12 RWHP!!

G

Superloki24

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Now I just have to pair it with a nice URD exhaust and I'll be good to go.....hint hint Gadget...lol.

Top Bottom