Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WB Part 2... Surprise!!!

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Well finally, and if you all only new the things i went through with this engine. Im gonna leave this here for now and edit it later. Just wanted you all to see finally. Thank you to everyone that has helped me and its not done yet. Pending 2 new O2 sensors to install and then we begin the tuning.. Also as u can tell the engine bay is black now..
Current mods:

Engine:
Fully built 1Grfe
LCE rods w/ arp2000 hardware
JE pistons
ARP headstuds
Cometic head gaskets
Ferrera Valve train
TRD S/C modded by Stiegemier: Everything except the snakebite.
Light weight rotors, Venom cooler, Ported,and direct drive coupler installed.
Throttle body bored and throttle plate shaft modded as well.
APR X1, cam gears and T-stat
Walboro 255lph with external filter.
61lb injectors- running E85
APR fuel rails
-6 feed and return lines from fender.
APR 7th
Tomei FPR with fuel pressure gauge @ 51psi
APR 2.6 pulley
NST overdrive pulley kit
Volant cold air intake
NST wp/alt/ pulleys
ARP Exhaust studs
Dtlt headers
Magnaflow muffler
Dual vibrant resonators
custom y pipe
Dual pipes after the muffler
AFCO ALuminum Radiator, Dual row
Dual E-fan
OEM oil cooler
Cusco oil Cath can

Drivetrain:
External tranny cooler and cooler in radiator.
Upgraded valve bodies.

Suspension:
Rotora 355mm 6 piston fronts and 4 piston rears
Tundra racing 2 in lowering sleeves in the front with bilstien shocks
Custom air ride in the rear
Addco rear sway bar with ES poly bushings and bilstien shocks.

Wheels:
Work Crag sk5
20x9 +15 all around with a .5in spacer in the rear wrapped on BFgoodrich KDW 265/50/20.

I believe thats it...lol

THANK YOU XRU!!!

Short story on my build:
http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/showpost.php?p=946436&postcount=16

Attachments

• IMAG0643.jpg
    IMAG0643.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 364
  • IMAG0649.jpg
    IMAG0649.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 281
  • IMAG0650.jpg
    IMAG0650.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 204
  • IMAG0651.jpg
    IMAG0651.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 203
  • IMAG0652.jpg
    IMAG0652.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Very nice! :top:
Keep it up and keep us posted!

trd_sport

Reaction score
Wooooahhhh!!!!! If you were closer I'd be taking a cover shot of that bad girl! Post a full pic of EVERYTHING! lol
1/4 times dyno.....EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well done and totally surprised! Engine looks :tits:

Is that your engine that you had built or did you pick it up from Xroller?

And NEED MOAR PICS

Miami_X

Reaction score
Wow, WB! What an impressive list of mods. When I grow up, I wanna be just like you!!

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Thanks everyone.... Wow u guys want a lot of pics...lmao... Um just name what pics yall want n I'll post em up for ya. Videos most certain. Believe me I intend to get to the track n all... Once I dyno I will post that up.

Well done and totally surprised! Engine looks :tits:

Is that your engine that you had built or did you pick it up from Xroller?

And NEED MOAR PICS

I sold off all my stuff n got the one from Xroller. Let me tell u I might as well have built it myself but it is running and smooth thankfully.

Last edited:

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Right on man, what did you have to do to the motor after Ray shipped it?

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
So a little story on the build... I got the engine early December and began working and painting the engine bay. Engine bay paint took a week to do. Sanding prepping painting n drying. N just all the little things that bug me when I do stuff. Perfection. So long story short. This engine was a timing nightmare. The top covers were removed 5 times and the front cover 1 not to include assembly removal and reinstallation. We were getting P0016 and P0022 timing n correlation codes. We consistently thought it was mechanical timing. So I checked the troubleshooting instructions in the OnDemand software and checked here as well about it and it said to check the OCV oil control valve. So I benched checked it n it was fine. So it wasn't that. So long story short for those of u that don't know. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!! In the heads front outer corners there is a vital piece for the VVTI system. THERE IS A FREAKIN FILTER IN THERE!!!. Lol..wow... My issue was on the driver side and guess what after a month and a half of readjusting assembling and disassembly it was the freakin filter. Driver side OCV filter was installed backwards!!!!!! Which in turn was not actuating the driver side VVTI. So basically Xroller probably never noticed or didn't care to mention but with him Using the AEM they were probably able to compensate for it and push through it with the turbo. I mean according to the Dynosheet it did put down 450 to the wheels... Heck we even replaced all the timing components. Alright that's enough of that...lol..feel free to ask n e questions yall like...

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
How the heck was that filter installed backwards? It is pretty dang obvious which way it goes. Leave it to Xroller.... Good find. :top:

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
How the heck was that filter installed backwards? It is pretty dang obvious which way it goes. Leave it to Xroller.... Good find. :top:

Idk man... But I missed 2 car shows n a Dyno day. The intention was to give all this 2 weeks n be ready for the new year... Look where we r at now...lol.... It also had a rattle upon startup for a split second , cold startup, which is one of the reasons why we replaced all the chains n guides n all the timing components.

Top Bottom