Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Muffler delete?

muffler delete?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I think "it will be fine" speaks for itself...

Some things are hard to believe for me... Then again last time I had a CEL I unplugged the battery and waited, then plugged it back in... Turned out to be nothing (last code I had was for gas cap)

STONER-X

Reaction score
you can get an evap code (gas cap) from topping off your tank after the first click.. it will turn off after a few days..

the front sensors tell the motor how to run... the rear tell the ecu how the cats are doing.. in a nutshell.

also a small muffler will normally be louder because it has less time to "muffle" the sound.. leave your muffler and wait till you are cat-less... go and drive 65mph for an hour then get out of your truck and your ears will let you know if it is too loud.. or try to talk to someone without yelling.. or make a phone call... lol...

Reaction score
you can get an evap code (gas cap) from topping off your tank after the first click.. it will turn off after a few days..

the front sensors tell the motor how to run... the rear tell the ecu how the cats are doing.. in a nutshell.

also a small muffler will normally be louder because it has less time to "muffle" the sound.. leave your muffler and wait till you are cat-less... go and drive 65mph for an hour then get out of your truck and your ears will let you know if it is too loud.. or try to talk to someone without yelling.. or make a phone call... lol...
problem is, I have partial hearing loss already, so loud to me is louder than normal...

Reaction score
Soooo... Had to get a new tailpipe after lowering it..... And they had to dump it, so now I have no muffler... It was cheap and my god its like NASCAR loud

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I know what it sounds like with no catback. Ridiculously loud, obnoxious, and attention grabbing. Makes it no fun to drive regularly.

justin13703

Reaction score
Yeah these things sound like absolute garbage with no muffler lol

Reaction score
Sooo now I got a No muffler catback, URD y pipe and URD headers.... Loud AF. Sounds alright in the cab, just considering a resonator due to the extra attention it will bring...

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
A nice muffler will really help. Your ears will thank you. I have a feeling that you have some sort of decibel level that you are legally supposed to be under as well. You will want to check up on that.

Reaction score
A nice muffler will really help. Your ears will thank you. I have a feeling that you have some sort of decibel level that you are legally supposed to be under as well. You will want to check up on that.
Georgia doesn't technically have one... it says they can PC you from loud exhaust, but if you show up to court, the loud exhaust wont stand... I spent a few hours reading into it.... I don't do drugs or drink, so thatd be all they could say is loud exhaust (and MAYBE speeding lol)....

MplsX

Reaction score
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that when you add up the percentages in the poll they are more than 100%?

Top Bottom