Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DoubllD's Juggernaut Build

iniazy

Reaction score
Yesterday I was examining the Lexus NX200t, which has a 2 Liter turbocharged engine good for 240 HP. I was astonished that it used a water-to-air intercooler. First time I see a factory Turbo with water-to-air!

DSC_0849_zpsohotxrcv.jpg

Notice two coolant reservoirs, one for the engine radiator and the other for the intercooler.

The intercooler water pump:
DSC_0851_zpszneffk8b.jpg

My guess is Toyota is looking for a compact design. I'm not sure if there is a radiator dedicated for the intercooler or is it using the engine radiator, but since there is a separate reservoir for it I'm guessing it does. I couldn't see clearly, with all the covers around the grill area hindering visiblity.

Another interesting observation is the placement of the MAF sensor. Usually the MAF sensor would be on the charge pipe, cool side (if it is air-to-air), but in this case it is pre-turbo, right next to the air filter. My guess is because of the water-to-air, there is no cool side of the charge pipe. So putting it in the charge air pipe, which will be hot, will throw off the reading. So they put it pre-Turbo.

rennurx

Reaction score
Only reason I come here anymore is to see this thread lmao. Last few times I checked it was a let down haha

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I have so many bad ideas in my head now....and by bad, I mean expensive. Absolutely wicked. I can't wait to see this running.:blurock:

rennurx

Reaction score
Haha yes! That looks killer! And of course , love the purple! Lol.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That much turbo is going to suck all of the air out of the engine bay! *Gasp*

I had long ago thought about doing something similar with thefront crash bar. To get the intercooler lower. I like what you did there.

That is the meanest pair of windshield defoggers I have ever seen. ;)

This thing has truly transformed and will be a fvcking monster!

About how much longer until completion?

Doublld

Reaction score
That much turbo is going to suck all of the air out of the engine bay! *Gasp*

I had long ago thought about doing something similar with thefront crash bar. To get the intercooler lower. I like what you did there.

That is the meanest pair of windshield defoggers I have ever seen. ;)

This thing has truly transformed and will be a fvcking monster!

About how much longer until completion?

Not sure on completion I do what I can when I can. This has pushed me to want to complete it but time and money is key. Also the crash bar is the start of my bumper. The intercooler is mounted to the radiator which is mounted to the lower core support its a crazy setup. Also all metal under the headlight is gone for the charge pipes. The upper will be reinforced for the aero catch for the food and will make the inner fenders ridged again.

Doublld

Reaction score
Twin turbo, twin scroll :top:

no twin scroll. just 4 wastegates because awesome. but the reason is i already had two 38s an a single wouldnt control these turbos so i went with twin 38s for wow factor and control.

Top Bottom