Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Killer chiller

MplsX

Reaction score
Never read about this but a few things come to mind. It looks like some complex plumbing to install this with a real chance of screwing up your ac system. How much engine power will this take to run? If you take this to the track the officials won't like it if you start dripping water and you may get kicked out. How about a CO2 spray on your intercooler as a cheaper and less complex alternative. But who knows, I would be interested to see some real life results of this install but I sure wouldn't want to be the first person to try it. Good luck if you decide to try!

Eraser

Reaction score
Make it really cold before you make it hot? It's science!

I've heard of this on lightnings, but never seen it till now.

Doublld

Reaction score
i guess it would get it cool for a run but then you would have to leave the car running with a/c on after the run to cool it down?? unless you have a couple hours to let it sit to cool. seems cool id like to see it in action to see how effective it actually is

Gadget

Reaction score
The only time this works well is if you install a very large water tank so that when you run for 30-60 minutes to chill down the system there is some storage capacity to it. Otherwise you can use up the chilled water very quickly and you loose the benefit.

I saw one of these setups on an E55 and it had a 20 gal tank in the trunk and that would be good for about one 1/4 mile or so. Can do the same with a much smaller tank and packing it with ice.

In the end someone would have to do it and see if it is really worth the expense and trouble.

G

Xcess

Reaction score
I was able to maintain 30 degrees below ambient after a spirited drive with my cobbled up chiller :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 161
Top Bottom