Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sleeving the engine block

trd_sport

Reaction score
that would be them......I think they have an electric bill to pay or something....

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
what other improvements will i need to make to keep longevity?? like transmission, drive shaft, diffs and thing of that nature? i am planning on sleeves and forged rods and pistons... anything else?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Guys, being still new to all this, are you talking www.aprpower.com (Allan Phillips Racing - DAve Phillips) when you say APR or is it a different company?

That is correct.

what other improvements will i need to make to keep longevity?? like transmission, drive shaft, diffs and thing of that nature? i am planning on sleeves and forged rods and pistons... anything else?

ARP head studs. Dezod has them for sale for $269. As well as Cometic head gaskets.

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Any new updates on your specific engine/engines Gadget?

I have a really strong feeling, that it would be amazing to take that built/sleeved/ C38-91 S/C'd XR of yours to VIR. ;) :adore:

gotrdwoohoo

Reaction score
Any new updates on your specific engine/engines Gadget?

I have a really strong feeling, that it would be amazing to take that built/sleeved/ C38-91 S/C'd XR of yours to VIR. ;) :adore:

That would indeed be amazing!!! Yeah, we haven't gotten an update from Gadget in a while. Always inspiring when he does it. And, love the videos and pictures. Wish he had that on the URD site. We should get everyone that has installed the x-1 or new uconn ems to upload their photos and videos...would be super cool.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
That would indeed be amazing!!! Yeah, we haven't gotten an update from Gadget in a while. Always inspiring when he does it. And, love the videos and pictures. Wish he had that on the URD site. We should get everyone that has installed the x-1 or new uconn ems to upload their photos and videos...would be super cool.

Pics of what???? It really sucks that G man still hasn't had a built block in his hands yet... Would have definetly like to have seen what those rotrex what have put down.

hiflyer

Reaction score
Seriously - can someone please go pickup this block for G?

It's been almost TWO YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWO YEARS

lamecargo

Reaction score
I cannot get a hold of APR to get my two engines back from them.

I cannot sell it or finish it and install it if I cannot get the two engines back from them.

G

Just say the word an ill drive down there and kick doors in...I'm just saying...give me the green light..:D

Tunedx

Reaction score
If my engine was there this long and tryed to get hold of them numerous times and still have had any luck. I would go down there and kick some ass or get someone local that will.

gotrdwoohoo

Reaction score
Seriously - can someone please go pickup this block for G?

It's been almost TWO YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWO YEARS

Gotta just state the obvious here. The G man has always impressed me. When I got a question he is light lightening helping me out and others. Guy doesn't mess around and seems to get shit done ASAP. So, this whole thing about the engine block and APR is just comin across as weird. Why would gadget put up with that shit? And, this is APRPower - the makers of the X-1 right? Gadget was on the forefront with that and helping, testing and selling all that. So what the "F*. Don't get me wrong man, love URD's shit.

But, what's the real story. Get the block, end of story? Or did APR Power shit on Gadget and URD? Guys need to know that in transparency so we can make good buying decisions. If someone screwed someone I kinda want to only do biz with good folk. With that said, never had a bad experience with APR outside of calls not returned right away and all.

Gadget did mention some kinda fall'n out on this side not too long ago, said he was lied to by Dave at APR Power and that is why he went back to an old plan he had for an EMS system and created Itronix, partnered with them or somethin like that. We can search the site for that exact post.

madtrucker

Reaction score
^^^ I think u r right, we aren't getting the whole story here. But I figure if he wants to tells he will. If not, that's between them. I'm curious.

FN5.7

Reaction score
is anyone else tired of seeing this thread updated, then having the hopes that gadget posted saying "werd bitches, i got mah engine!" and instead its "G has patience, wow 2 years. id go bin ladin on apr's ass if it were me." (sure you would).

i really do wish it was done. its ground breaking stuff for us xr owners.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
You know what would suck?

If we hear from gadget that APR personal nut warmer actually got Gadgets motor, installed in his truck...:laugh:

trd_sport

Reaction score
Gotta just state the obvious here. The G man has always impressed me. When I got a question he is light lightening helping me out and others. Guy doesn't mess around and seems to get shit done ASAP. So, this whole thing about the engine block and APR is just comin across as weird. Why would gadget put up with that shit? And, this is APRPower - the makers of the X-1 right? Gadget was on the forefront with that and helping, testing and selling all that. So what the "F*. Don't get me wrong man, love URD's shit.

But, what's the real story. Get the block, end of story? Or did APR Power shit on Gadget and URD? Guys need to know that in transparency so we can make good buying decisions. If someone screwed someone I kinda want to only do biz with good folk. With that said, never had a bad experience with APR outside of calls not returned right away and all.

Gadget did mention some kinda fall'n out on this side not too long ago, said he was lied to by Dave at APR Power and that is why he went back to an old plan he had for an EMS system and created Itronix, partnered with them or somethin like that. We can search the site for that exact post.
APR sent their electric bill payment to the city when it should have gone to reliant energy. Total misunderstanding, just waiting on the USPS to redeliver, however there is a $5.00 reactivation fee that is in dispute.:top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope to have some picture updates soon. I will try to get some on Monday. Will make for some good eye candy.

:rofl:
APR sent their electric bill payment to the city when it should have gone to reliant energy. Total misunderstanding, just waiting on the USPS to redeliver, however there is a $5.00 reactivation fee that is in dispute.:top:

Lmao.:rofl:

Last edited:

gotrdwoohoo

Reaction score
What??? It's flyin over my head...electric bill....this thread is getting weirder and weirder.

Top Bottom