Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: Disable 2005+ Door Buzzer

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Source: www.customtacos.com

By: slamdtaco

This article will explain how to disable the interior door buzzer that sounds when your door is open with the key on.

Tools needed:

- Pliers
- Phillips screwdriver
- Metric socket set
First, remove the screws located above the guages as seen here.
01.jpg

Pull the kick panel towards you to uncover the bolt. Remove the bolt and pull the plastic piece out just a little to make it easier to remove the dash piece above it.
08.jpg

Gently, but firmly pull the dash piece that surrounds the guages towards you until it pops out.
You may find it easier to move it out of the way if you remove the clips on the back first.
02.jpg

Next, remove the 4 screws that hold the guages in place.
03.jpg

Pull the guage towards you and unplug the 2 wiring harnesses on the top of it.
04.jpg

Pull the guage cluster out and turn it over. Remove the 3 screws in the back of it.
05.jpg

It will look like this with the cover removed. The buzzer is circled in the photo.
06.jpg

I used a pair of pliers and gently turned the round buzzer until it broke off. I have also been told (by user amber00dak) that you can run a bead of 100% silicone around the bottom of the buzzer and some in the hole on the top. It will still make noise, but with the radio on you can't hear it.
07.jpg

Finally, the annoying buzzer is gone. Put all pieces back and you are ready to leave the door open and enjoy your music.

dramad1

Reaction score
I'm curious if the seat belt buzzer mod will work to turn the buzzer off opposed to ripping the buzzer out. Just curious. I have the instructions for turning the seat belt buzz off if anyone want that as well

RRCanuck

Reaction score
Disabling the seat belt alarm wont help. I disabled mine when I first got the truck and its still there. :thumbdown:

Dubbed2008x

Reaction score
Thats odd because my truck doesn't have seat belt buzzer. Only buzzer I had was when the keys are left in the ignition buzzer but I disabled that. Nice liistening to the tunes with the door open now.

gunner76137

Reaction score
This also does away with the beep made when put into reverse. On OL'Blue I just removed the buzzer when I did my LED swap.

8o8xrunner_10

Reaction score
im really thinking about doing this. that damn buzzer can get fricken irritating at times.

Top Bottom