Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Strokin' it Build. Oppa Gungnam Style

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
staying outta this one.

Saw that coming. ;) Many a beverage has been shared over these conversations. :cheers:

haha you mean sts turbos lol

also why didn't he get a ported housing to protect against surge

what is getting rebuilt so much on them? seals?

He didn't quite have the choice. PowerFab selected the turbo. They chose that housing. He can always upgrade to the ported shroud later, if he so chooses. His engine is properly sized for the turbo, and visa versa. Plus he likely won't need to increase the boost to 30 + psi, so he shouldn't be at the surge line of the compressor map or the rpm max, of the turbo either.

I like my BW. It's fancy. :D

Last edited:

Toon714

Reaction score
Garret turbos ftw!
**** precision. My homie evo had a presion and it went to shit. Waste of money.
Thats why my homie with the gtr told me he rather run garret over precision since thre shitty built and over priced.

I would go garret or bw.

Reaction score
How much power??? I have been wearing REFRESH out on my phone and computer, waiting for numbers

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
What I love about it, is that you can't even hear the wastegate or turbo. Sooooo sleeper.

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
I'll post numbers once it's been tuned that way there is a fair comparison between 10psi tuned on the stock motor vs the built motor. Hopefully tune will be happening in the near future, just been real busy with life. Should hopefully be done in the next couple weeks. I'm in no rush, the truck runs smooth as stock on the trd reflash for now so just making sure there are no kinks or leaks or anything.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol. Read the post above yours, Redlantern.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
True sleeper. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

rennurx

Reaction score
My truck was sleeper status when I had my big turbo on. It was stock quiet. Makes people hate u more after u beat them!! One its a truck and two ur super quiet! But as I like being ignorant a lot more I'll be running a much louder exhaust next time around.

Top Bottom