Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: Disabling Seatbelt Buzzer

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I was browsing some how-to's via Toyotanation.com and came across this...I can honestly say that it works, I havent tried the passenger seat yet, but I did it on the driver side and just got back from the test drive.

1) Turn the Car 'ON', but do not start the engine (Leave your foot off the brake). Cycle your trip reset knob until it reads ODO. Turn the ignition back off. Wait a couple of seconds.
2) Make sure seat belt is not fastened
3) Turn the ignition back on, do not start the car (Leave you foot off the break) As soon as you see everything light up, press and hold the trip reset knob and do a long 12 second count.
4) Keep your finger on the trip reset knob. Fasten your seat belt, as soon as you fasten your seat belt, you should see the ODO display go from XXXX miles to "b-on". At that time take your finger off the trip reset knob and press it again. It should cycle to "b-off". You should be all set and turn the ignition off and unfasten your seat belt.

Passenger side instuction are similar, but slightly different(this requires two people to initialize, according to step 4.)
1. Turn the ignition switch on (without starting car)
2. Press the ODO/TRIP switch until the odometer displays "ODO"
3. Turn the ignition switch off
4. Turn the ignition switch on while depressing the break pedal
5. Sit in the front passenger seat. Press ODO/TRIP switch immediately (within 6 seconds after turning the power switch ON) and hold it down for 10 seconds or more.
6. Continue holding the ODO/TRIP switch and fasten the front passenger's seat belt.
7. Check that the odometer displays either "b-on" or "b-off" (it will be "b-on")
8. Press the ODO/TRIP button to change the display to "b-off".
9. Turn the ignition switch off.
10. Turn the ignition switch on while depressing the brake pedal.
11. Check that no buzzer sounds when setting on the front passenger seat.

Haven't tried the passenger side yet, but it worked for the drivers side.

Last edited by a moderator:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
you dont have the "seatbelt, ding" when you drive without it on? :laugh: Its a bad habit of mine, I eventually put it on, but not all the time.

MancheX

Reaction score
Hmmm... This is something that I have been wondering about. That damn buzzer annoys the heck outta me everytime I start my truck. Great info :top:

808HAWAIIAN

Reaction score
yup i did this mod 2 days after buying my truck.. it works and is great! no seatbelt needed after surfing:top:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
hmm, its a simple odo pushbutton mod, sean, its possible yours was factory off?

Coopstain

Reaction score
lol... i just disabled it from the Gauge when I had it opened when I changed the LED's at the beginning of the year.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
It was added when the 08's were being produced. Nothing hard to do. Infact, it's something Toyota should have put on the trucks from the beginning. I disabled mine, but it's good to know that it's there to remind you to drive safely.

fuseaku

Reaction score
Mine doesn't ding... just flashes on the gauge cluster.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Hmmm... This is something that I have been wondering about. That damn buzzer annoys the heck outta me everytime I start my truck. Great info :top:

me too! My wife's Tundra is even more annoying!

MiamiAE86

Reaction score
i kno the easiest way to get rid of the beep. put ON the seatbelt. the simplest things can save your life

eXuser01

Reaction score
it worked on my passenger side but not my driver so i just disconnect the sensor underneath the seat... i hate seat belts

AdAM

Reaction score
it worked on my passenger side but not my driver so i just disconnect the sensor underneath the seat... i hate seat belts

-is this done by just unplugging a harness?? and can it be sone on the pasenger side

Venomous_X

Reaction score
dood, if it didnt work in the driver side, you did something wrong....:laugh:

Xrunnerbjt

Reaction score
i dont have a buzzer on mine....hmmm...must just be on the newer models??:hmmmm2:

MusTrd

Reaction score
I only did what it said for the driver side and it worked for both sides.

Also, I am pretty certain the "buzzer" part did not start until 2008. I had a 2006 and a light just flashed at you, now I have the 2008 and it had the buzzer to go along with the light flashing at you.

Top Bottom