Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sleeving the engine block

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
Well to the xr owners here, I would like to say hello to all.. I'v been on the site a bit now, but never posted anything here. I was deployed for about 7 months now, been back trying to get out of the military, and getting ready to go to school for a year in orlando. I have been reading ya'lls threads here and looks like ya'll have been busy trying to find out about Gadets engine progress..well i would say to Gadet your doing a good job at trying to get it built, but from exsperance from myself was doing the same thing for my civic, i sent a cyl. head to cali for a pro. series worked done and it was over a yr and never rec. it! i did the same thing in calling them about it, they said they sent it, i never rec. it after a months time, called again. they said they where redueing another head for me. a months time has gone by, never got anything from them..so last thing i did was i sued them for the cyl head because they were procastinating on sending my head to me. I can understand they might be friends but you got to really put your foot done and say hey your takiing to long, i going to take it back...but i can also understand when u call u can never get a hold of them too! communication is always the key to working with one another as for a buyer and seller getting what they orderd, and making each other happy!

Rob

madtrucker

Reaction score
Welcome Rob. I kinda wonder if they didn't chinger up his block. Maybe cut too much off. Same w/ your cylinder head.

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
Thanks ya'll for the welcome...i hope they didn't, he has already spent to much on the project already to lose out on this! Have ya'll heard about plastic dipping ur wheels and vehicle on youtube by chance?

laters!

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
Thanks Gadget on the email about the kit I order from you! I got a ? about the kit for the Mrk III stage I to stage II , I see its the full exhaust system with the x-1 program update... but the new program is different now in the Mrk III......so what are ya'll doing about the program? ....And is it going to still be the same cost for that Stage II system?

Rob

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
My sleeving starts next week. Woot!

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
Well just got the update on my urd shipment, will be here this week, sweet....Thanks Gadget! You know once it comes...that motor is coming apart 1st thing and the install will comence building!

Rob

Hey Torspd, that sounds great that they will begin to re-sleeve the block, once thats done it will be in your hands with in a week once they ship it to u! But it does still suck that Gadgets still having to wait so long for his stuff, to come back home where it belongs! I know what thats like...waaaaiting

Rob

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
Thanks Gadget on the email about the kit I order from you! I got a ? about the kit for the Mrk III stage I to stage II , I see its the full exhaust system with the x-1 program update... but the new program is different now in the Mrk III......so what are ya'll doing about the program? ....And is it going to still be the same cost for that Stage II system?

Rob

The stage 2 upgrade is a complete exhaust from the engine back, 75mm pulley, and a new calibration file for the UCON-EMS

Stage 3 requires the stage 2 upgrade and adds the URD Supplemental Injector System, 70mm pulley and a new calibration file for the UCON-EMS

G

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
ok...thats cool... its too easy to figure out that its still the same cost! I will be looking in my buget for that! Thanks for the info Gadget!

Rob

Gadget

Reaction score
UPDATE-

I still do not have my engines back from APR.

I would love to be able to tell you all I have them back, but can't....

G

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
Hey Gadget, we all got our hearts out for ya, wishing u that you will get it back soon!

Rob

X-roller

Reaction score
UPDATE-

G

I would just cut your losses... I don't think you are getting anything... just sayin... :top: start over and don't ever go thru apr again...

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a feeling that he will get his stuff back....

X-roller

Reaction score
10-21-2010, 09:50 PM

Was when this thread was started... Almost 2 years later for an engine build... I've probably thrown away crap and wiped my ass with more money than what was spent to sleeve the block in 2 years...

Gadget has some serious patience but when does patience turn into starting over?

Toon714

Reaction score
if i was G man.
i would of showed up at APR long time ago and give them a can of whoop ass!!!!!!!!!!!
G man is too patient and kind.

Gadget

Reaction score
UPDATE-

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I do not have mine back from Darton either. :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom