Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Questions on these Modification parts

Gotjustin27

Reaction score
i've been looking and i have a lot of questions about some parts.
My friend has a 2006 4x4 tacoma double cab with trd exhaust and K&N CAI. And i was wondering what parts would be good for my X. I need good quality parts, but im also a high school student which means not a lot of cash.

1. IS the URD TCAI a better buy then a K&N CAI?
2. How is the JBA Headers and Exhaust?
3. Can you fit a TRD exhaust on an X-Runner?
4. TRD STS vs. URD SS?
5. WHEN IS C2C releasing there CAI!?
6. How's the C2C headers?

I'm thinking about getting the TRD shift knob when i get the short shifter

7. Is this shift knob sexy or what? how does it feel for the people that have it?
i know i'm curious George right now but i'm just wondering what you guys think is a better choice for the truck.

THANKS to all that help!:rock:

morcheez

Reaction score
well i have the urd ss and i have no complaints about it ....it cost less than the trd and thats why i got it ...works fine for me ...not sure which is better on intake probably none of them unless u get tuned...i got the k&n and changed the filter to an amsoil dry filter ...not much hp gain at all but i love the sound and thats really why i got it ....for c2c info u would probably be better off going on thier forums...not much is really talked about here on release dates ....and the shift knob looks pretty much like the stocker so why bother with it

SWB X

Reaction score
personally I like the urd intake. I live in fla and have not had any problems with it. i can tell a acceleration difference, especially around 3500 and above. You will NOT make extradonary hp gains with any intake or exhaust without a tune. I do NOT recommend psc because i have had problems with mine. This is my opinion and is not directed toward urd at all. I like the magnaflow catbacks, they sound really good and the exhaust tip is sweet. If you want a large performance gain, go supercharger or turbo. I say lower the truck, get a nice exhaust and when c2c comes out with the headers get them as well. YOu can also do a rear cat delete. Do you have the blackhead light mod yet.

Last edited:

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
1. IS the URD TCAI a better buy then a K&N CAI?
2. How is the JBA Headers and Exhaust?
3. Can you fit a TRD exhaust on an X-Runner?
4. TRD STS vs. URD SS?
5. WHEN IS C2C releasing there CAI!?
6. How's the C2C headers?
7. Is this shift knob sexy or what? how does it feel for the people that have it?
1. Yes, the URD is a true cold air intake, the K&N is not much different than stock and I have heard that it rattles the dash at WOT. Go with the URD.
2. The JBA headers are nice, but they require welding. The C2C headers that are coming out shortly are straight bolt on and should provide a good HP gain.
3. Yes, but I think it leaves the tip about 3 inches short of the cutout. This is just what I have heard....
4. There is a lot of debate about the TRD vs. URD short shifters. It is strictly preference. The URD is cheaper and the throw is the same as the TRD.
5. Check out the C2C forums on their website. www.coast2coastperf.com
6. Refer to answer #2.
7. I don't have that one but if you get the TRD ss, it comes with a nice "ball" type knob. I have it and absolutely love it.

Hope this helps.:top:

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
There isn't a TRD Exhaust for the X-Runner but the TRD exhaust for the Pre-runners (Extended Cab model) fits. shook has it on his truck. IT SOUNDS MEAN!!!

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
I don't know. My dad has it on his 06 access cab and it doesn't really sound "mean" IMO. It's just a little bit more loud than stock but keeps the same tone. If you want a beefy exhaust, check out the URD 3" catback, now that thing sounds sick.

07SWB

Reaction score
1. intake is basically for sound unless you tune to go alone with it
2. JBA stuff is nice, but if you cant weld yourself you will end up spending a lot of money for install
3. dont know
4. Preference
5. gotta ask the guys from C2C, we all wanna know
6. My truck is the test fit dummy for the C2C headers. everyone will be hearing a couple sound clips and also a dyno sheet showing the gains later next week.

as for cat-backs. you wont get much sound if you keep on all your cats. My truck right now doesnt have rear cats and i have a magnaflow muffler and it sounds mean. with the cats still on, it sounded close to stock. when i have the headers, i wont ahve any cats and my truck will be ridiculously loud.. im looking forward to it.

Super Werty

Reaction score
I put on the K&N intake, JBA headers and JBA exhuast all in the past week...finishing the headers only 5 hrs ago. Zero rattles, no problems whatsoever and the power increase is well worth the money. Sounds AMAZING!

I'm thinking of a tune soon as well.

Gotjustin27

Reaction score
Nice info... well what im going for is an aggressive sound but quiet when it needs to be.
so trd exhaust has a nice quiet tone but when WOT its a little beast :]

does anyone have the TRD CAI? is it worth the money
i want to try to TRD my X as much as i can to have that Toyota representation :]
you feel me?

utixrunner

Reaction score
probly wont get and hp from the trd intake but should sound better

Xacto

Reaction score
guys you get hp from an intake...if only 4-9 rwhp you still do. the stock intake system is restrictive as •XR•XR•XR•XR. tuned you can get over 15 hp with an intake alone. oh and one more thing guys, you have to remember that air circulates ALOT throughout the engine compartment. i know people that had their intake filters inside the engine bay and were actually taking in fairly cool air because the placement of the filter was at a place where hot air did not sit.

Top Bottom