Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XR as a first car

jeybee2jz

Reaction score
What do you guys think as a XR as a first car? Been thinking about it since my dad only drives it about twice a year.

Coupe

Reaction score
I would have loved the X for a first car/truck.

Gadget

Reaction score
To nice for a first car.

What you need is an old broken down POS that you have to work on all week long so you can drive it on the weekends and hope it does not catch on fire or brake down on you. This way you can learn to wrench, learn about how the different systems on a car work. Learn to really appreciate your efforts and how your wrenching skills develop over time. Later when you can get a better car you will really appreciate it.

You will be one lucky SOB if you get an XRunner given to you for your first car.

G

justin13703

Reaction score
To nice for a first car.

What you need is an old broken down POS that you have to work on all week long so you can drive it on the weekends and hope it does not catch on fire or brake down on you. This way you can learn to wrench, learn about how the different systems on a car work. Learn to really appreciate your efforts and how your wrenching skills develop over time. Later when you can get a better car you will really appreciate it.

You will be one lucky SOB if you get an XRunner given to you for your first car.

G

This.

You WILL wreck your first vehicle. Might as well make it a beater.

Plus, if you're given a nice vehicle as your first car, you will never truly realize what it's like to drive a beater, and you'll think that little trivial stuff like a dent or something makes a car a piece of crap. I know plenty of people who were given very nice cars, and all they do is bitch about how they're a piece of crap. This comes from never owning a real piece of crap.

Just my .02 lol

STONER-X

Reaction score
X2 with gadget!!!

While I would agree that it would be a badass first car I think one new to driving would not be able to understand what it takes to have a nice car.. it's kind of like women.. the first 5 to 10 you will do nothing right.. beat it up (figuratively) , make a few wrong turns, run in to the rear and burn your wennie up... and then and only then when you find and appreciate the perfect one you will still do nothing right because we never do... lol... but now you will know how to keep her shiny and happy and not mess up a perfectly good car :)

Reaction score
my first car was a Toyota echo with 290,000 miles... it had 298000 when I wrecked it. that car made me appreciate my truck when I got it, to the point I was it weekly by hand.

XTINCT_yota

Reaction score
Parents must have deep pockets. I'm sure having an XR as a first vehicle is pretty awesome, but man, spoiled would be the name of it. Honestly, if you're gonna wreck your first car, it must be your fault, or you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Knock on wood, but I never, ever got into an accident.

Top Bottom