Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sleeving the engine block

Toon714

Reaction score
A ls1 would be much cheaper...and make just as much power with less boost headaches. If still not enough then boost the ls1. Man, i really do see a ls1 in my future

i agree with u. the ls is hella good for n/a and once u put boost thats gonna be super fast.
to me i just wanna keep it in the family and put a 2jz and its still jdm yo! :laugh:

Moneyblind

Reaction score
i agree with u. the ls is hella good for n/a and once u put boost thats gonna be super fast.
to me i just wanna keep it in the family and put a 2jz and its still jdm yo! :laugh:

Haha! I know, I am a toyo fanboy for sure; 22 and I have owned 2 tacomas, a celica, 2 scions, and a corolla....roflmao

I am wanting the 2jz swap for sure; But I am expecting it to be about 10k for the swap, not to mention the tranny issues; I hear (braves001) that with the swap the shifter sets back alot. thats ok, because with some math and geometry I can create a custom shift lever to take care of alot of it. HMMM. But you just cant beat the sound of a cammed LS1.....just mean.

FN5.7

Reaction score
theres a 2urgse on ebay for 6k, just buy that and call it good. not only is it still in the family but its the successful hot side of the family.

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
what would be the advantage of the titanium rods from TTC? they are super expensive

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Lighter and stronger than the billet steel rods. For the price, and considering how much additional money would need to be spent to make the rest of the engine AND F/I supplier, necessary to require those rods, makes it unnecessary. Unless you just have tons of cash and really want titanium rods.

The Pauter rods will handle 1200 crank HP. That should be more than enough, for most.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Haha! I know, I am a toyo fanboy for sure; 22 and I have owned 2 tacomas, a celica, 2 scions, and a corolla....roflmao

I am wanting the 2jz swap for sure; But I am expecting it to be about 10k for the swap, not to mention the tranny issues; I hear (braves001) that with the swap the shifter sets back alot. thats ok, because with some math and geometry I can create a custom shift lever to take care of alot of it. HMMM. But you just cant beat the sound of a cammed LS1.....just mean.

:biggrin:.......:top:

Attachments

• IMAG0075.jpg
    IMAG0075.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 89

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
can some one hit me with a rough figure? sleeved block, rod and pistons, urd S/C kit?
im thinking 9G's am i in the ballpark?

Gadget

Reaction score
If you are going to really build it right, we can set you up with the Bid Daddy, C38-91 supercharger.

G

Gadget

Reaction score
To go with the -91 I think it will be around $300 more than the current system.

G

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
sweet when im ready i will contact you. can you guide me on what i should do as far as sleeves rods and pistons? like company and such I live in west virginia so i would like to stay on the east coast? and any word on the O2 sims i got my headers today from th TW GB

Gadget

Reaction score
Sorry about the sim. Flat dried up the supply of the O2 connectors in North America.

I had to have a big batch flown in from Japan. That finally arrived Monday and we are building the harnesses as fast as we can. If all goes well we should have all the back orders filled in the next week or two.

I would be happy to give you the best advise I can on the engine build. I can certainly tell you where not to get it done.

G

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
okay thanks that would be a huge help. im not in any hurry i was just curious. when my funds are replenished i will be contacting you and hopefully get this all done in one swing. thanks for all the help Gadget. talk to you soon hopefully.

Super Werty

Reaction score
I would be happy to give you the best advise I can on the engine build. I can certainly tell you where not to get it done.

G

:laugh: I think I know what place you are referring to:ahhhhh:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Being on the East Coast, I say Darton East. But again, depending if you have to pay for shipping to their shop, it might be cheaper to have the block sleeved and built with internals through LCE, in Arizona. Their price for the sleeves installed is $2200 vs Darton East at $2600. Plus, LCE has all of the forged internals on hand.

www.lceperformance.com

Type into the "Search" box: 1GR. That will bring up the cost of all of their components.

I just remembered. Dezod is on the east coast as well. They have really been wanting to get their hands on a 1GR to do a sleeve install. Plus they have a ton of access to 1GR components, and are a vendor on here as well. I would give Paul a call. www.Dezod.com They would love to work with you. :top:

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
i have almost 50K miles on my truck as of now would there be anything i else i should look into replace or upgrading??

hey gadget wheres your engine at??

Last edited:

darthyota

Reaction score
Hey mark what do you figure the rought cost of a bored and stroked motor would be?

madtrucker

Reaction score
What do you guys do for the heads? Stock? Springs, guides, mill, port polish?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey mark what do you figure the rought cost of a bored and stroked motor would be?

LCE can do the crank for $2000-2200. I don't remember the cost of the rods. Pistons are about $950. Regardless of being larger. If you are sleeving, then the sleeves are machined to bore. LCE can do the sleeves for $2200

What do you guys do for the heads? Stock? Springs, guides, mill, port polish?

I had mine ported and polished. Ti retainers and dual valve springs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom