Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Clutch Chatter

NixXR462

Reaction score
When I take off my truck shake like its about to stall kinda but I know Im not and it will only do it when my trucks been sitting awhile and sometimes not even then. Anyone know whats this is from?

Xample

Reaction score
how long does it sit for??
how many miles on the clutch assembly

Xample

Reaction score
hmmm :hmmmm2: when the clutch is warm it chatters also??

NixXR462

Reaction score
Nope just when i first release to pullout of my place in the mornings. It has done it after about 30 minutes of sitting once.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting... mine did this yesterday too --- but I also smelled a clutch burning smell. I took it to the dealer today and of course they told me that nothing was wrong with it. I was wondering if maybe the throwout bearing was getting ready to take a dump... :dontknow:

NixXR462

Reaction score
Im not sure about it either Im going to the dealer saturday to see what they have to say.

VaBchXRunner

"The Bargain Baron"
Reaction score
i kinda-sorta have the same problems, only in first gear. sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. yardie heard it also so i'm not goin crazy. i dunno what it is, getting annouying now though. keep us informed on what happens:top:

FuCt

Reaction score
Yeah mine did that in excess. I took it to them a few times and eventually showed them what and when, got a fresh cluch, and throwout. The thrrowout bearing has been done again since, because of a squeak at idle. Since then everything is fine. Except for the cluch pedal squeak which is back, after having the TSB done. This time they said they will just grease it. Im about to go over 60,000 KM(canada) so my bumper to bumper is gone. I guess I should watch the tech grease it, so I know what to grease from now on? (off topic)

wshsbears

Reaction score
Yeah mine did that in excess. I took it to them a few times and eventually showed them what and when, got a fresh cluch, and throwout. The thrrowout bearing has been done again since, because of a squeak at idle. Since then everything is fine. Except for the cluch pedal squeak which is back, after having the TSB done. This time they said they will just grease it. Im about to go over 60,000 KM(canada) so my bumper to bumper is gone. I guess I should watch the tech grease it, so I know what to grease from now on? (off topic)
i've been told that u have to take the assembly out in order to grease it correctly.. quite a tight area to be working, but well worth the squeakless clutch..

i may need to get my clutch replaced under warr. too.. seems to be wearing very quickly..

x-short-r

Reaction score

I had the same problem with the squeak too. I first thought it was because i ran into a big puddle of water and somehow got the transmisson or clutch wet. The noise didn't stop at idle and during first and second gear. I took it in for a look and an oil change (might as well). They called me and said that throwout bearings will be replaced and they will be inspecting rest of the clutch assembly and tranny for other problems. I hope i get the X back soon.

Top Bottom