Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Body kit side skirt coming off. Need clips?

Tom2769

Reaction score
One of my side skirts has started to come off, it looks like one pink clip and one yellow clip have come unattached. I can push the skirt back on and the clips hold for a second, then they let go again. Do the clips loose their ability to hold the skirts in place over time? Is the fix just as simple as ordering and replacing the offending clips? What's the best approach here?

Attachments

• pink clip.jpg
    pink clip.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 661
  • yellow clip.jpg
    yellow clip.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 824

x-runner kid

Reaction score
I just did this myself. I had the same issue. Pretty easy fix go to your local Toyota dealer. You will need two of the yell clips and 7 of the pink ones preside. I just bought 2 yellow clips and three pink ones. Pull the panel away from the truck just enough to take a pair of needle nose pliers and remove the old broken clips(they pop right out) push the new clips into place. Make sure you take a note of how they were placed in terms of orientation because they only fit right a certain way. I paid about $12 for my 5 clips.

Tom2769

Reaction score
Cool. Thanks XR-kid. I thought that might be the case, but good to know - I'll get a few extra too...

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Or you can zip tie them back on there and no more clips, but my skirts are missing a lot of the clip retainers

x-runner kid

Reaction score
No problem. Ya the clip locations make it a pain to get zip ties in there. I have some body kit pieces bolted on instead of clips but if they get hit stuff breaks instead of popping the clips.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
that's why I have clips in some areas and zipties in others, but once the clip retainers break off zipties and epoxy are the only ways that I know of to keep them on the right way without to much of a headache. what I really need to do is stop hitting cones during autocross lol

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Haha ya cones are a no go to hit as well as just about anything bigger than a walnut with this body kit.

asianized

Reaction score
I've had mines zip tied on for over 2 years now and no probs, gonna have to do the passenger side very soon as the clips are coming apart

Top Bottom