Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: 110 AC Power Outlets In-Cab

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Source: www.toyotanation.com

I finally got the time to add a 750 watt inverter and plugs to my double cab. I'm not sure why the car makers don't do this. I just took the inverter apart, and extended all the wires for the plugs and switch. I connected the inverter to constant power so that you can have 110 AC power whenever you want and not have to have the key in the ignition (like you do with the stock inverter in the bed). I installed the on/off switch to control the power to the inverter. I also installed the green LED which lights up when the power is on, and a red LED tells when the inverter is being overloaded or malfunctioning. Everything works perfect and looks better than I expected.

Under that bracket is the stock inverter if you have the 110 AC bed outlet option.

Circuit breaker and 8 guage power wire running back to the inverter. The thing to the right of the circuit breaker is the siren for my CompuStar alarm.

Inverter under the driver side seat. Also notice the little heating ducts to keep the rear passengers feet warm. I didn't know those were there until I took out the seat.

I put the plug on the left hand side because the trucks' airbag controller is on the right hand side, behind a panel.

I also added a 12volt "cigarette lighter outlet" which is on constant power, so you can charge up your cell phone even when the ignition is off, unlike the stock outlets.

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
inverter mod

That is a slick mod especially for those of us that use the inverter for lap top /printers"rolling office". so did you disconnect the stock inverter and reroute the power to the new inverter? also where did you pick up the switches and additional power outlet for the backside of center console? I'm very interested in this mod. I've been running printer via extension cord through the rear slider to power up the printer.also use small plug in inverter via front power outlet for the laptop.this would definately power both pieces at same time.:)

XRobber

Reaction score
Im confused.
The write up beginning says he extended the wires from the factory inverter for this mod, but then he also shows another inverter under the drivers seat. Which one is it?
Is he still using the factory inverter?

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
I HAD TO RE-READ IT.i THINK HE WAS JUST REFERENCING THE INVERTER LOCATION.FURTHER READING SAYS HE ROUTED NEW WIRING TO NEW INVERTER.

DOGO X

Reaction score
I need to do this ASAP when I get home, still a bit confuse

Matt's06

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find one of those outlets online? I can't find one anywhere. I don't exactly have a hardware store down the road that sells american 110 v. outlets here in Germany. If anyone does this mod, can you please pick up an extra outlet for me and I will pay you to mail it to me.

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
Info On Inverter Mod

WHAT THE GENT DID WAS REMOVE THE SWITCH,THE LED'S AND OUTLETS FROM THE UNIT.YOU CAN'T SEE THEM FROM PICS.I HAVE A HUSKY 750WATT W/3 PLUGS 3 LED'S AND SWITCH.ALL THE HARDWARE IS REMOVALBLE FROM THE PLATE AT THE END OF THE INVERTER HOUSING.JUST A MATTER OF DREMELING NEW PLUG,SWITCH AND LED HOLES AND ADDING NEW WIRE FROM UNIT TO LED'S PLUGS AND THE SWITCH AND CONNECTING.:top: HOPE THIS CLEARS UP ANY CONFUSION.THE RELAY/CIRCUIT BREAKER WAS TOUGH TO LOCATE THOUGH.ITS ABOUT 20.00.:top:

Matt's06

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find one of those outlets online? I can't find one anywhere. I don't exactly have a hardware store down the road that sells american 110 v. outlets here in Germany. If anyone does this mod, can you please pick up an extra outlet for me and I will pay you to mail it to me.
anyone know?

Matt's06

Reaction score
You may want to PM K2, he will be able to help you, I guess :top:
Yea, I will will ask him. I was just hoping someone was going to be doing this mod soon and could just pick up an extra plug and drop it in the mail box, then I could paypal whoever.

DOGO X

Reaction score
I would Matt but I'm away from home too! :motz:

DOGO X

Reaction score
I really like this mod! being able to run some elctrical equipment of it

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
MATT06 - SINCE YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT I SAID TO DO . PB AT TOYOTA NATION IS THE ORIGINATOR OFF THIS MOD. GO TO TOYOTA NATION P.M. PB & HE'LL TELL YOU THE SAME THING. IF YOU GO BACK TO K2'S ORIGINAL POST GO TO 3RD PIC DOWN LOOKING AT INVERTER, LOOK AT WHITE WIRES COMING FROM INVERTER(AT TOP OF INVERTER) THOSE ARE THE WIRE EXTENSIONS GOING TO THE LIGHTING SWITCH AND PLUGS. THE SWITCH PLUGS AND LED'S WERE REMOVED FROM THAT END PLATE OF THE INVERTER.:motz: :stupid:

Matt's06

Reaction score
MATT06 - SINCE YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT I SAID TO DO . PB AT TOYOTA NATION IS THE ORIGINATOR OFF THIS MOD. GO TO TOYOTA NATION P.M. PB & HE'LL TELL YOU THE SAME THING. IF YOU GO BACK TO K2'S ORIGINAL POST GO TO 3RD PIC DOWN LOOKING AT INVERTER, LOOK AT WHITE WIRES COMING FROM INVERTER(AT TOP OF INVERTER) THOSE ARE THE WIRE EXTENSIONS GOING TO THE LIGHTING SWITCH AND PLUGS. THE SWITCH PLUGS AND LED'S WERE REMOVED FROM THAT END PLATE OF THE INVERTER.:motz: :stupid:

Sorry Man, I did not realized that that post was for me. I guess I just skimmed over it. Most people quote others when they respond to what they are saying. It makes everything flow a lot smoother that way. I get it know, so he just added an after market one and removed the outlet from the new inverter and used that one, right?

Top Bottom